Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC Heat; air distribution control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to heat my cabin. Hot air is blowing just fine. But unfortunately I can't get it to blow down to my feet it is blowing in my face. The air distribution control knob is stuck in AC mode. Any suggestions about troubleshooting this?

Thanks,
Eric

I am trying to heat my cabin. Hot air is blowing just fine. But unfortunately I can't get it to blow down to my feet it is blowing in my face. The air distribution control knob is stuck in AC mode. Any suggestions about troubleshooting this?

Thanks,
Eric

Apparently there's no air to driver's footwell unless your car had this update done? So maybe your passenger's feet are toasty?

Mine definitely doesn't have it.

But if it's still hitting the mid vents with the knob all the way to bottom, then there could be other ducting issues.

Attachments

• SB-12-18-003_HVAC_Duct_Upgrade.pdf
    294.3 KB · Views: 68
I could swear that I had heat on my feet fairly recently. I will feel passenger side tomorrow and see if I'm getting anything. It just seems when I spin that dial it doesn't change, it just comes out the mid vents, slight bit out defrost.
Thanks for the service bulletin.

Thanks for that HVAC service update info Drewski? If I contact SC would they send the parts to me? I am mostly interested in the clips, not sure where I would find those.

But that will not solve my problem. I only get heart through the mid vents. I imagine that applies to ac also.