Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC is being turned on every 15mins when parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm suffering this problem everytime so I think it's kind of setting of Tesla.

I used to take sleep during the lunch time at the back by folding the rear seats. While I sleep, I lock the door, turn the phone bluetooth off, and turn off the ac inside(also Cabin Overheat is turned off). But like every 15minutes, the AC of the car is automatically turned on. In that case I have to turn it off every 15mins by phone manually.
Do you guys know this problem? and how to turn if off?

Thank you,

Solution
There is an automated system that will run the fans after you've used the AC to dry the evaporator, to try and prevent the foul smell that typically develops in humidity. We typically don't realize it's running because we're not in the car.

Are you sure that the "AC" is actually running (I mean, is the compressor running) and it's not just those fans? Maybe that system typically kicks in after 15 minutes, and by touching the controls you force it to start again 15 minutes later?
Do you have any 3rd party apps that connect to the car?

Does it still happen when your phone is turned off?

Does it only happen when you're inside the car?
I only have Tesla app that can connect to the car.

I didn't try it let me test it tomorrow.

I'm not sure, because when the AC is turned on by itself, the app shows that the AC is off status. So I cannot know that if the AC is on or not when I'm not in there. But looks like it's off because now the inside temp is 73 when outside 64. If the AC was working, then it should go below than 73. And whenever I come to the car, I had never heard the sound of fans.

Reactions: BitJam
Upvote 0
There is an automated system that will run the fans after you've used the AC to dry the evaporator, to try and prevent the foul smell that typically develops in humidity. We typically don't realize it's running because we're not in the car.

Are you sure that the "AC" is actually running (I mean, is the compressor running) and it's not just those fans? Maybe that system typically kicks in after 15 minutes, and by touching the controls you force it to start again 15 minutes later?

Upvote 0
Solution

Wow, that makes sense. After I turn off the AC, the fan is working after 15mins later. And to turn it off, I turn the AC on and turn it back off cuz on the app, it shows up as "AC off". Thank you so much for your reply!

Upvote 0