TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Ac running while car charging at home!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jlucero, Nov 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jlucero

jlucero Member

I've noticed on a few occasions that the car is ridiculously cold in the morning due to the car ac running while the car is charging at home. I don't believe it used to do this a few months ago. any ideas why?

2. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Smart preconditioning enabled?

Jeff

3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Yep, (you are going to think we are kiddin') the car pays attention to your schedule from the locations you setup for "home" and "work". And it will prep the interior as it recognizes and remembers the approximate time you leave each location. Pretty cool, huh?

• Like x 1
  4. msnow

msnow Active Member

I also turn off cabin overheat protection and smart preconditioning.

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Smart preconditioning never worked for me so I turned it off. I might turn it on again and see what it does. My am and pm schedules are rarely consistent. So I bet it will not work that well.

6. jlucero

jlucero Member

Interesting. . the problem is that it's ridiculously cold in the car at 8am. I'd like it off it keeps the car a bit cooler when it's 100 degrees outside, not when it's 70 degrees outside.

7. animorph

animorph Member

Probably have your temperature setting too low. Never reaches that temperature in the summer, but at 8am these days it can reach your set temperature. If it's much colder than your setting I'd get the SC to check it out.