Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC turning on at random while parked and locked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have it turned on, but both instances have been at times I almost never use the car. Late afternoon after coming home from work and mid-morning while at work. I asked Tesla to take a look at the logs. If it does turn out to be Smart Preconditioning, I would say they should lose the Smart part of the name.
I finally turned off "smart" pre-conditioning because it never turned on weekdays when I leave for work at the same time every morning and then randomly turned on the car at weird afternoon hours on the weekend. It need serious work.

From a BMS standpoint preconditioning should only be used for morning commuters in cold climates. If you are in a hot climate, I see no reason to precondition as the car will always be cool in the morning. It's only the afternoon that you have to worry about. And then you should have time to simply open your app and manually precondition.

Thanks! Danged car as so many bells and whistles I can't keep track of them all. But I had managed to turn this on, which may account for some seemingly random AC operations in my garage (where it can get quite warm in the summer, even at night).

Smart Preconditioning (BETA)

Smart Preconditioning will be disabled by default. You can enable it via the SMART PRECONDITIONING
setting in Controls > Settings > Vehicle > CLIMATE.TESLA MOTORS - SOFTWARE UPDATE NOTIFICATION 5