Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC works, loud blower, but low flow from vents and “climate keeper” fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Facelift 2016 P90D.

Seemingly randomly, my “Climate Keeper” stopped working on the app and in the climate menu in car.

At the same time, while the AC is cold and I can tell it’s working and the fan is blowing at full speed, the airflow in car is very light. Like a blend door is stuck or something.

It’s 100 degrees out, and the car is running the compressor and fans at full tick, the air that does come out is cold, but I’m not getting much air flow and the “stay on / camp / dog modes” are disabled.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3174.jpeg
    IMG_3174.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 4
Just a quick update on this - it seems to have "Self Healed." The system is operating normally, air blowing strongly through the vents and climate keeper working normal.

The car 'slept' overnight and the following day it was 'fixed.'

I am not sure if this is a firmware related issue (though reboots did not fix it). I somewhat suspect that my interior temperature and humidity sensor (in the center console) is failing, as it has a spinning motor that sometimes makes some funky noises.

Here's how to replace it if you have the same problem. Part number is in the video description.