Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration drop - anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever had an issue where you're accelerating and the power just drops out, then on, then off, then on again? (Speeds up, drops, speeds up etc).

I live off a main road and have to hit the speed limit pretty fast to merge with traffic etc.

Model 3
Under 2 years old
7100kms

Further info:

It was a little cold last night but nothing serious. I had also heated up the climate before hand, but not preconditioned, as it was a 5 minute trip.
27% battery
Slight hill

Any tips or advice is super appreciated, thanks,

Daniel

That’s a fairly low battery SOC to be starting the day with.
Likely the battery and car were cold soaked and you would have used a bit to condition the interior.
As lots of protections start to kick in at 20% SOC you may have found some limitations. Did you get any error messages? If so record the day and time so you can let Tesla know.

That’s a fairly low battery SOC to be starting the day with.
Likely the battery and car were cold soaked and you would have used a bit to condition the interior.
As lots of protections start to kick in at 20% SOC you may have found some limitations. Did you get any error messages? If so record the day and time so you can let Tesla know.
No error messages at all, that's why I was so confused.

Charging to full now to see if there are any issues after that.

Nah. Its a little bit steep of a hill and was fairly dark. I wonder if it thought there was an obstacle perhaps?
obstacle detection kicks in randomly since last 5-7 weeks ( few updates)... but if it's turned on and set to advance/early and act instead of alert - it would literally stop car like wheels kicking back.... you would know... was this the case?

Battery needs to be heated for best performance and avoid damage... depending on when this happened and what was temperature outside, it could be battery protecting itself... trust me, car is very selfish and thinks of herself before owner - lol 🫣.

I had car lane changing and jumping in front of truck once... my M3... almost 2 years now... but still gives shivers when passing thru that stretch of road (fully marked exit of harbour bridge)… that and many other, war scars I got with my Tesla experiences - :rolleyes: 😂

Reactions: Daniel Hutt
Has anyone ever had an issue where you're accelerating and the power just drops out, then on, then off, then on again? (Speeds up, drops, speeds up etc).

I live off a main road and have to hit the speed limit pretty fast to merge with traffic etc.

Model 3
Under 2 years old
7100kms

Further info:

It was a little cold last night but nothing serious. I had also heated up the climate before hand, but not preconditioned, as it was a 5 minute trip.
27% battery
Slight hill

Daniel
probably do battery health check? just incase...

Model 3
Under 2 years old
7100kms

Further info:

27% battery
Slight hill

Daniel
I've seen simlar behavior when the car thinks there is something in front
No warning just slow or hesitate in acceleration.