Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration numbers on MX Raven Long Range...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Fast Lane Car YouTube channel just posted a video about their slow 5.5 second 0-60 Model X Long Range Raven. Exactly the issue OP was having.

Tesla should let people know about this. Car reviewers are just going to show the car doesn't perform to spec.

Just to be clear you have to be in the very lowest setting to get 4.4s 0-60? Not LOW but only VERY LOW?

Hopefully someone tells them and they make a new video.

Definitely Extra Low is required... you can really feel the decrease in power when accelerating from standstill... However, when accelerating from a cruising speed, I do not feel too much of a difference.
I actually went to the local Tesla store and tested their loaner Long Range 0-60 and it was the same story as my car.
I emailed Zach Butler from Fast lane to provided him the link to this post.

At the same time, I am wondering if Performance variants have to be in the extra low setting for suspension to achieve best acceleration?

Last edited:
Reactions: User01
Definitely Extra Low is required... you can really feel the decrease in power when accelerating from standstill... However, when accelerating from a cruising speed, I do not feel too much of a difference.
I actually went to the local Tesla store and tested their loaner Long Range 0-60 and it was the same story as my car.
I emailed Zach Butler from Fast lane to provided him the link to this post.

At the same time, I am wondering if Performance variants have to be in the extra low setting for suspension to achieve best acceleration?
That's great but its not clear they have much interest in learning about their model X or getting it right, the clicks are too good from their current shtick of willful ignorance.

Way back when I was in my teens and early 20's I always tried to get a car out on the highway where I could test its top speed. Now that I have celebrated the golden anniversary of my 20th birthday I find myself satisfied to drive a good car. My one month old LR MX qualifies. I have tested the 0-60 on an entrance ramp using the old buttmeter and determined the car is the quickest I have ever driven. I did not put in lowest suspension setting and did not/will not buy a piece of hardware that will give me exact 0-60 time. It is enough for me to know that I have instant response and can get into traffic and around slower movers when required.

Ya, I would like the tests on YT to show that the car meets the 4.4 standard but that cannot diminish my enjoyment of my new LR MX.

Just curious if someone from Tesla still monitors this forum? This extra low suspension setting to achieve fastest acceleration just does not make sense to me... it may make sense on the performance model that is Ludicrous+ as it may prevent "certain" tear and wear. On a regular LR with reduced TQ... not so much. This is especially annoying as it is not possible to keep the car in Extra low setting at all times Not sure about performance variant, but in LR, there are 3 suspension settings: Never, always and highway. "Never" keeps it at standard height all the time. "Always" keeps it at LOW all the time and "highway" changes suspension height based on aerodynamics and efficiency.

Back in the day, Jon McNeill who was a president of Tesla sales and service monitored this forum and was very responsive/receptive to certain situations. Is there someone else from Tesla who may be contacted and be somewhat receptive to looking into changing the software that is related to this issue? If anyone can share contact info, that would be great.

Reactions: User01
Way back when I was in my teens and early 20's I always tried to get a car out on the highway where I could test its top speed. Now that I have celebrated the golden anniversary of my 20th birthday I find myself satisfied to drive a good car. My one month old LR MX qualifies. I have tested the 0-60 on an entrance ramp using the old buttmeter and determined the car is the quickest I have ever driven. I did not put in lowest suspension setting and did not/will not buy a piece of hardware that will give me exact 0-60 time. It is enough for me to know that I have instant response and can get into traffic and around slower movers when required.

Ya, I would like the tests on YT to show that the car meets the 4.4 standard but that cannot diminish my enjoyment of my new LR MX.

Weird flex, but ok.

TFL posted an updated video that covers this. They tested it in STANDARD, LOW, and VERY LOW. This video answers the question.

Test setup
Ambient temperature: 39°
250 miles of range (roughly 75% SOC)

0-60 times
Standard: 5.45 seconds
Low: 5.10 seconds
Very Low: 4.77 seconds

Would they have hit 4.4 seconds at 100% SOC? Maybe the temperature was too low for optimal performance as well?

TFL posted an updated video that covers this. They tested it in STANDARD, LOW, and VERY LOW. This video answers the question.

Test setup
Ambient temperature: 39°
250 miles of range (roughly 75% SOC)

0-60 times
Standard: 5.45 seconds
Low: 5.10 seconds
Very Low: 4.77 seconds

Would they have hit 4.4 seconds at 100% SOC? Maybe the temperature was too low for optimal performance as well?

Awesome.... I did I send them an email and provided a link to this topic on TMC.

In Very Low suspension setting I hit 4.71 0-60 as my best... with 1ft rollout it was 4.45sec. 1ft rollout is how most manufacturers report their acceleration specs. I do not think TFL used 1ft rollout as they never mentioned it in the video.

At the same time, SOC was always correlated to the performance. However, when I originally tested wife's Raven LR at 25%, 80% and 95% in Low suspension setting, I has the same acceleration 0-60 of about 5.2-5.3sec. So in this case SOC did not make a difference, something that is very strange... not sure if this will change when I test the car in Very Low suspension setting. Pre-Raven cars always had performance dependency on SOC.

Thanks for sending this to TFL. They did mention that they checked "the forums" so I bet they saw your link.

Very good point about the 1ft rollout. That would account for the difference in times.

As for the SOC, is it possible Tesla keeps power constant rather than current with the Raven refresh? If they upped the amperage as the voltage fell they could maintain consistent acceleration across SOC. That would be a nice upgrade over the pre-Raven drive train.

On my 2018 X 100D I can feel the difference in acceleration between 90% and 50% SOC. I haven't done any testing though.

Thanks for sending this to TFL. They did mention that they checked "the forums" so I bet they saw your link.

Very good point about the 1ft rollout. That would account for the difference in times.

As for the SOC, is it possible Tesla keeps power constant rather than current with the Raven refresh? If they upped the amperage as the voltage fell they could maintain consistent acceleration across SOC. That would be a nice upgrade over the pre-Raven drive train.

On my 2018 X 100D I can feel the difference in acceleration between 90% and 50% SOC. I haven't done any testing though.

So I just tested the car with 30% SOC in Very Low setting and 0-60 went up from best 4.45 (at 95% SOC) to best of 4.78 (30% SOC). Both numbers include 1ft rollout. That is not a huge difference for this SOC range... I am sure it will be closer to .8sec to 1sec difference for 1/4mile time.

Ok, I figured it out... I have been testing the car with suspension in low setting. As soon as I dropped the car to Extra Low, 0-60 dropped by 0.6 sec... now with 1ft rollout, it is 4.45sec.
I have heard people taking about suspension being in low or extra low, but could not even imagine this will cause such a difference.

Attached is the dragy...

thank you all for your help...
I would be interested to see if there are any reductions in times with 36.2.1 if you have received it yet. Curious of the 3% boost in power can be measured...

Reactions: bhzmark
I would be interested to see if there are any reductions in times with 36.2.1 if you have received it yet. Curious of the 3% boost in power can be measured...

This update is not supposed to add much power... at least not on the non-performance var. From what I read, it really just redistributing power better between front and rear motors... so acceleration should improve but not by a lot.
I did test it and even in the lowest suspension setting I am not getting anything better than 4.70 with 1ft rollout... definitely slower than what I had before at 4.4
It is 20F here in Chicago... SOC was 95% and the batteries were warmed up after 15min of driving. Not sure what is happening
Any suggestions? Would weather affect the acceleration that much even with the the batteries warmed up?