Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration numbers on MX Raven Long Range...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Just returned my wife’s leased MX P90D, no ludicrous. She got a great lease deal on new MX Long Range.

Tested it with Dragy at both 80miles and 260 miles charge left … I keep getting the same 5.2 to 5.3 0-60 (Tesla states 4.4). There is no Launch control, getting "both pedals pressed" error. Attaching Dragy results...

On her previous MX I was consistently getting close to 3.8-3.9 (Tesla advertises 3.8)

Any suggestions on why MX long range 0-60 are a lot slower than Tesla advertises? Could it be that I am not doing something correctly?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_6643.PNG
    IMG_6643.PNG
    246.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_6642.PNG
    IMG_6642.PNG
    247.1 KB · Views: 102
Here are some addition thoughts...

Just to confirm, wife's car is not a Performance variant, it is just MX Long Range.

I tested the car with suspension in Low setting...

I understand that drivers who really care about the acceleration numbers would typically get a performance variant of MX, but 0.8 of a sec is a huge difference. Does Tesla advertise their 0-60 specs using 1ft rollout? If that the case, the delta will drop from 0.8sec to 0.6sec.

I may be wrong, but for ICE cars, DA (density altitude) will make the most difference, aside from the driver’s skill… for Tesla, SOC and warmed up battery are the main variables.

Could it be that Tesla releases 0-60 numbers for 20” wheels and possibly 5 seater (we have 6 seater)? I checked that OEM 20” wheels & tire combo is 61/64lb (front/rear) and 22” is 73/78lb. This difference in weight is about 250lv vs 302lb… considering it is unsprung weight, 4x52=208lb or a little less than 4% of the MX weight. Considering wheel package weight difference, I have seen posts by Raven owners who got close to Tesla specs as far as 0-60 with 1ft rollout using larger wheels.
Raven Model X 1/4 mile and 0-60?

Is there a way to have instrument cluster display power output in Long Range car? Does anyone have expected numbers?

I called Tesla and they told me to bring the car in. They obviously told me that they will not test acceleration but will look that the battery output numbers are within the spec…

If these battery output numbers are within spec, then what?

Thanks

Last edited:
My guess is the Ludicrous didn't download
As mine didn't. Push them for it.

Suspension must be in low to launch.

I did 2.8 in the MX with Ludicrous.
Took me three visits to get it downloaded correctly. If it is not, it will only show INSANE and INSANE +

Must hold LUDICROUS + for 15 sec until it flashes and launch screen appears.

How that helps.

Hello,

Just returned my wife’s leased MX P90D, no ludicrous. She got a great lease deal on new MX Long Range.

Tested it with Dragy at both 80miles and 260 miles charge left … I keep getting the same 5.2 to 5.3 0-60 (Tesla states 4.4). There is no Launch control, getting "both pedals pressed" error. Attaching Dragy results...

On her previous MX I was consistently getting close to 3.8-3.9 (Tesla advertises 3.8)

Any suggestions on why MX long range 0-60 are a lot slower than Tesla advertises? Could it be that I am not doing something correctly?

Thank you

Took me three visits to get it downloaded correctly. If it is not, it will only show INSANE and INSANE +

How that helps.
Hope that helps

How that helps.

He has a long range MX. Not a performace model. It has no launch control.

Good to have the Dragy data. Make sure you are stomping hard and fast on the accel pedal the whole way through 0-60. And make sure you are at at least 90% charge. If times are still slow show Tesla and tell them car seemed very slow compared to other non-performance cars and you got Dragy to confirm and it was confirmed. Bring it in multiple times to different centers if necessary. Also try Teslalog to get power numbers.

Hello,

Thank you

I'm pretty certain that Tesla's stated figures do figure in a 1ft rollout. So there is part of the discrepancy.

Also it sounds as though you were trying to do a two pedal launch. This is likely to slow you down significantly. On the non performance vehicles you will get the "both pedels pressed" warning, and then the car will take off rather gradually when the brake is released. Your best time in a non performance model is going to be achieved by just coming to a complete stop, and slamming the accelerator down. Don't two-foot it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, all, for your replies...

- I knew that SOC has an effect on acceleration... since I did not see a difference between 25% and 80% ... I did not bother going to 90% plus

- I did try launch control a few times and quickly realized that it is not available on this non-performance version

I will try tonight to charge it to 100% and will make sure I slam and hold the acceleration pedal all the way (at least I thought I did before)... will report tomorrow.

Thank you all, again.

- I charged the car to almost 100%
- drove around 15-20min
- charge went down to bout 95% and battery should have been warmed up
- came to a complete stop and pressed the brake to Hold position
- stumped hard and fast on accel pedal all the way
- performed four (4) 0-60 runs back to back
- the best time with 1ft rollout was about 5.1sec - see attached dragy results (this is definitely slower than Tesla advertised of 4.4)

Strangest thing is that it is the same acceleration times as at battery SOC of 80% and 25% (performed these runs a few days back)

I think I used up all suggestions that I received here...

What do you guys think? Is my next step to make a service appointment and tell them my car seemed very slow compared to other non-performance cars .. and have Tesla service check battery output?

Thanks you all, again.

Ok, I figured it out... I have been testing the car with suspension in low setting. As soon as I dropped the car to Extra Low, 0-60 dropped by 0.6 sec... now with 1ft rollout, it is 4.45sec.
I have heard people taking about suspension being in low or extra low, but could not even imagine this will cause such a difference.

Attached is the dragy...

thank you all for your help...

Attachments

• 710A728D-3BFC-4E3E-AAB2-CCC220DF2B2D.png
    710A728D-3BFC-4E3E-AAB2-CCC220DF2B2D.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 119
Is this a known issue across all Model X Long Range Ravens? I feel like it is kind of a big deal to not get your vehicles full acceleration unless you manually put it into very low every time you get in the car.

This reminds me of having to put an ICE car into sport mode every time you get in.

I have a 2018 Model X 100D. I'm considering buying a second Model X and making us an all EV household. It would be kind of pathetic if the new MX slower by default than my 100D.

Does anyone know if the Raven Model X Performance requires you to put it in very low suspension or otherwise restricts the 0 to 60 to 5 seconds?

Is this a known issue across all Model X Long Range Ravens? I feel like it is kind of a big deal to not get your vehicles full acceleration unless you manually put it into very low every time you get in the car.

This reminds me of having to put an ICE car into sport mode every time you get in.

I have a 2018 Model X 100D. I'm considering buying a second Model X and making us an all EV household. It would be kind of pathetic if the new MX slower by default than my 100D.

Does anyone know if the Raven Model X Performance requires you to put it in very low suspension or otherwise restricts the 0 to 60 to 5 seconds?

I do know that you have to put it in low suspension mode to LAUNCH. But NO. Not restricted. I ran a 11.8 quarter mile (2.86 0-60) without suspension in low and without launch mode at Palm Beach International.

upload_2019-10-4_18-40-31.png

The Fast Lane Car YouTube channel just posted a video about their slow 5.5 second 0-60 Model X Long Range Raven. Exactly the issue OP was having.

Tesla should let people know about this. Car reviewers are just going to show the car doesn't perform to spec.

Just to be clear you have to be in the very lowest setting to get 4.4s 0-60? Not LOW but only VERY LOW?

Hopefully someone tells them and they make a new video.