Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please! Talk me out of MX Plaid !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe also worth comparing to the Kia EV9?
nope, because i am 100% biased (with extreme prejudice) toward South Korea vehicles. And i'm South Korean. So those vehicles were removed from my plate on day 0.

for me, either made in Europe, USA or Japan.

And NO made (i meant built) in China please, unless it's Tesla. :)

Reactions: tmandrewl
nope, because i am 100% biased (with extreme prejudice) toward South Korea vehicles. And i'm South Korean. So those vehicles were removed from my plate on day 0.

for me, either made in Europe, USA or Japan.

And NO made (i meant built) in China please, unless it's Tesla. :)
EV9 (aside from FSD and 0-60) is superior in every single way to a Model X Plaid including safety features, spaciousness, build quality, comfort, and drive-ability.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mdubz
EV9 (aside from FSD and 0-60) is superior in every single way to a Model X Plaid including safety features, spaciousness, build quality, comfort, and drive-ability.
you lost me on that one, even if you set aside power and acceleration which I guess would be two very obvious ways the EV9 is not superior, the Kia has absolutely inferior cockpit ergonomics and software. It is vastly superior as a person mover, 2nd and 3rd row ergonomics and probably assembly quality, but that’s hardly “every single way” even if you include subjective categories where you express your own preference.

Reactions: Mdubz
Picked up the Plaid. Drow straight home and made this video. Nobody on YouTube told me refresh cars had this terrible "steering ratio" 😂
Do you live somewhere north of Murmansk? Like Alta maybe? Where the heck is this?

Also I got bad news - EVs are bad range wise in the cold but the Plaid particularly sucks in Plaid mode - I think it works extra hard to keep the battery warm. Drive in chill :)

Reactions: ev919
Don’t do it: you’ll still be making extremely high car payments on a car out of warranty. If you can’t pay off the car within the factory warranty you shouldn’t do it. You end up servicing a loan while handling repair costs.
If anything from this lengthy thread that changed my approach is above, FWIW i've changed to 48 mos. Makes sense to me, at least, this being Tesla, i would like to pay off the car by the end of the 4 years warranty (way the family will use X, should be coming in under 50K miles).

$867.60/mo at 5.49% at 48 mos term
Total Interest $4,340.80

At the end of the term, i'll decide on X's fate. :) But by then car is completely paid for.

Thank you for the guidance on this.

Reactions: mborkow
If anything from this lengthy thread that changed my approach is above, FWIW i've changed to 48 mos. Makes sense to me, at least, this being Tesla, i would like to pay off the car by the end of the 4 years warranty (way the family will use X, should be coming in under 50K miles).

$867.60/mo at 5.49% at 48 mos term
Total Interest $4,340.80

At the end of the term, i'll decide on X's fate. :) But by then car is completely paid for.

Thank you for the guidance on this.
Good choice. You may have already shared this above in the thread, but can you say where you got this rate from? Thank you.

Good choice. You may have already shared this above in the thread, but can you say where you got this rate from? Thank you.
np

My local credit union in the triage, NC,

1714107142929.png

• Love
Reactions: SNY126
you lost me on that one, even if you set aside power and acceleration which I guess would be two very obvious ways the EV9 is not superior, the Kia has absolutely inferior cockpit ergonomics and software. It is vastly superior as a person mover, 2nd and 3rd row ergonomics and probably assembly quality, but that’s hardly “every single way” even if you include subjective categories where you express your own preference.
Just on the spaciousness alone, EV9 was hands down better. I am not even gonna argue about infotainment autopilot and the tesla ecosystem’s superiority. It crushes Kia in those areas. But Kia has a galore of safety and other features X doesn’t have, almost 300 miles real world range, and aside from the brand’s reputation, it’s far more refined than I expected it to be, surprisingly so. And it’s about $25k cheaper. Just my humble opinion, and I respect yours 100%

Well, today "was" indeed interesting.

Summary:

Purchasing a new'ish 2024 MXP for $89,990 with ~300'ish miles on it. Stealth grey, all black interior. Kind of suspicious how quickly the SC wanted to move this (odd...) This price is as lowest as MXP has "ever" been, for brief ~1.5'ish months in late 2023 from Sep to Oct 2023.

This is it gents (and ladies).

Case closed!

And long live the living with Tesla QC (and services)... :) :(
Congrats! Did you get the car yet? and how's it treating you