Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accelerator "clicking" sound when releasing after auto hold?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

yessuz

Dec 30, 2021
Midlands
anyone else got this strange thing?
When starting to drive,, especially in the morning, for first few minutes I get this strange behaviour:

when car is stopped, auto hold is enabled. then, once pressed accelerator, there is a click sound coming from the pedal.

it usually disappears after few minutes of driving.

Possibly the brake pedal being released? Can't remember whether auto-hold intervenes on the ABS solenoids or directly moves the brake pedal like autopilot and TACC.

If it's the ABS solenoids holding it I wouldn't be surprised if the click from them releasing is capable of transmitting through the car since they're pretty beefy things and the whole shebang is bolted tightly together.

Possibly the brake pedal being released? Can't remember whether auto-hold intervenes on the ABS solenoids or directly moves the brake pedal like autopilot and TACC.

If it's the ABS solenoids holding it I wouldn't be surprised if the click from them releasing is capable of transmitting through the car since they're pretty beefy things and the whole shebang is bolted tightly together.
I use single pedal driving, so in particular cases no brake pedal is being pressed.
interesting that you can hear/feel it directly on the accelerator pedal

anyone else got this strange thing?
When starting to drive,, especially in the morning, for first few minutes I get this strange behaviour:

when car is stopped, auto hold is enabled. then, once pressed accelerator, there is a click sound coming from the pedal.

it usually disappears after few minutes of driving.

Yes, I have noticed this. Could feel it through the accelerator too.