Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessing account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I don't often go into my Tesla account and today I found it wanted some code or something from an "Authentication app".
Alternatively it wanted a code from a one time code that I suppose I was supposed to have. I don't.
Any ideas?

I don't often go into my Tesla account and today I found it wanted some code or something from an "Authentication app".
Alternatively it wanted a code from a one time code that I suppose I was supposed to have. I don't.
Any ideas?
My experience is the additional security via the "Authenticator" code is optional, but given that it has been activated on your account you probably have a couple of options, either contact Tesla and get them to disable the security option or download "Google Authenticator". Google Authenticator is a phone app and there are others.

My experience is the additional security via the "Authenticator" code is optional, but given that it has been activated on your account you probably have a couple of options, either contact Tesla and get them to disable the security option or download "Google Authenticator". Google Authenticator is a phone app and there are others.
I've got - just noticed - an app called "authenticator" on my iPhone which has a couple of shops' codes on it - I must have used it some time ago, but I rarely have my phone on or with me so I can't remember.
The Tesla site just says to use an authenticator - but how? Do I have to phone Tesla, or what?

I've got - just noticed - an app called "authenticator" on my iPhone which has a couple of shops' codes on it - I must have used it some time ago, but I rarely have my phone on or with me so I can't remember.
The Tesla site just says to use an authenticator - but how? Do I have to phone Tesla, or what?
Hmm, one of the accounts in Authenticator should be from Tesla, that should be the code you need .......they refresh every 30 seconds.

I think I've got it! (Thanks for the help).
I managed to find the back-up codes that I obviously set up a long time ago and got in that way and found the authenticator set-up page which appeared to also be set up. But I didn't know what phone no. it used so I set up another "device". It worked but god knows how!

Reactions: paulp and Hairyman