Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost certainly the screen protector is the cause of that. Matte screen protectors can completely kill the brightness of a display and cause any number of irregularities when light hits it. I've found the best way to go is no screen protector. Has anyone actually ever scratched their screen under normal use? With the way the S screen is recessed into the dash it's not worth it. Just my $0.02.
Not a single scratch in 2 years of MCU1s on S and X. Or another 2 on 2 MCU2s. But I think I’ll put on on my Plaid. Rear screen only.

Last edited:
Reactions: WilliamG
Replying to
What does it mean maneuver the mud flap such that the hook on the backside is UNDERNEATH the wheel liner?

In the pictures and video, just looks like the mud flat got pegged on top (over) the wheel liner.
It has a tab that fits into a specific place. Hard to explain, but it will be obvious when you’re on your back looking up at it.
The arrow in the illustration actually hides the slot it goes into.
A flashlight will come in handy.
I took the opportunity to clean the area thoroughly. while I was down there.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG and leonwu
Just received the rear mats set from Tesla, for the refresh trunk and sub trunk.

Very disappointed. I’m not even sure why they even have cut-outs for the existing pull tabs in the trunk (not even centered, well done, Tesla). You can’t pull on the tabs anyway. You have to manhandle the whole liner up and out of the way if you want to use the side compartment or sub trunk. Just… oy. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

As an actual liner it’s fine. But for everything else to do with the trunk it’s just a nuisance.

Oh, and the sub trunk liner just sort of sits there and you’ll wonder if you have it the right orientation in there. It doesn’t settle into place. It just sort of…hovers in there. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• 857B168D-0125-4062-A9D7-67051C7EB7AC.jpeg
    857B168D-0125-4062-A9D7-67051C7EB7AC.jpeg
    530.8 KB · Views: 128
  • AFE6B9C8-5AB3-4ADB-8B9F-B970D994FE05.jpeg
    AFE6B9C8-5AB3-4ADB-8B9F-B970D994FE05.jpeg
    807.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 4CD4A663-B4ED-4387-9B6A-A00A38784CC6.jpeg
    4CD4A663-B4ED-4387-9B6A-A00A38784CC6.jpeg
    602.9 KB · Views: 107
Just received the rear mats set from Tesla, for the refresh trunk and sub trunk.

Very disappointed. I’m not even sure why they even have cut-outs for the existing pull tabs in the trunk (not even centered, well done, Tesla). You can’t pull on the tabs anyway. You have to manhandle the whole liner up and out of the way if you want to use the side compartment or sub trunk. Just… oy. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

As an actual liner it’s fine. But for everything else to do with the trunk it’s just a nuisance.

Oh, and the sub trunk liner just sort of sits there and you’ll wonder if you have it the right orientation in there. It doesn’t settle into place. It just sort of…hovers in there. 🤷🏻‍♂️
That is too bad. So, it makes it harder to use the sub trunk, which I use all the time? It sounds like the best trunk cover might be from Tasmanian then or use nothing at all? I was looking forward to the Tesla cargo liner.

Reactions: chrisdh79
That is too bad. So, it makes it harder to use the sub trunk, which I use all the time? It sounds like the best trunk cover might be from Tasmanian then or use nothing at all? I was looking forward to the Tesla cargo liner.
I’m extremely happy with the Tesmanian Cargo mats.
Link to my review posted somewhere in this thread.
Tesmanian Cargo Mat Set for 2021 Tesla Refresh Model S PLAID / LR

I've been leaning towards those too for frunk and trunk. I think I'm just going to wait for 3d's mats though and see how those look at this point. I still have 2 more weeks before delivery day, so maybe I'll get lucky. The Tesmanian ones do seem to fit super well though...

Reactions: iyordanov
Speaking of stuff for the new Model S, I just finished the Yoke Wrap. Here it is (will add more photos + install video later today or tomorrow):

View attachment 758184
View attachment 758185
View attachment 758186
WOW this looks incredible man!

• Love
Reactions: iyordanov
Yup makes it a pain.
I totally lucked into getting the Tesmanian one vs Weathertech which I always try to support. I ordered from Weathertech almost two months ago and they have been brutally useless in communication and constantly telling me 2-3 weeks multiple times. So gone as a customer. I am in Canada so we are plagued by major shipping costs from y'all so it can be inhibiting but I thought WTF, I have had it with Weathertech so I ordered. The shipping was $ 51 dollars but when I do the math on the mat plus shipping (in Canadian Pesos) it is cheaper than Weathertech who ships for free. I cancelled and ordered the Tesmanian which of course....is already in transit the next day. Now I stumbled into this thread and video and went back to look at the Weathertech and it has the 'hinge' on the left side but not the large one to make access to the sub-trunk easer. Winning.

Thanks - ended up buying the full set based on your video. I really wanted the Weathertechs, but the mat does not go all the way up on the drivers side left fake pedal and the trunk mats look to be one full piece. TuxMats look like a great option too, but not available yet. Like that Weathertechs are made in US and I think TuxMats in Canada and would rather support a US or Canadian company, but product has to work and needs to be available too. :)

Reactions: Proppilot
Thank you so much 🙏 I do everything in house (planning to shoot a video showing the entire process, from taking a model to vectorizing it, making fitment tests & changes, and then producing, prep & pack). Only exception is accessories (will be adding more in the near future) and screen protectors as I can't manufacture these myself for now 🤨
Nice looking products! Are these 2 the same (Matrix Black) on your website, or is the 2nd one a different finish that's not listed for order right now? Thanks

1642791713987.png
1642791768975.png

Nice looking products! Are these 2 the same (Matrix Black) on your website, or is the 2nd one a different finish that's not listed for order right now? Thanks

View attachment 758496View attachment 758497
They are the same (matrix black), just different angle and lighting so they appear a bit different. But this on what photos you pasted is the matrix black. It’s textured vinyl like the carbon fiber, meaning you can feel a texture when you touch it.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
They are the same (matrix black), just different angle and lighting so they appear a bit different. But this on what photos you pasted is the matrix black. It’s textured vinyl like the carbon fiber, meaning you can feel a texture when you touch it.

Wonder if it makes that area of the yoke less freezing cold in the winter. Nothing like a toasty heated yoke, but those scroll wheels and plastics are so cold! Free beer if you make a fuzzy scroll-wheel cover. 🤣 Good luck with that!

So does the Black Matrix look more "black" like the first picture? The ridges in pattern are dark, not light?

Has anyone with the new OEM mudflaps experienced scraping on the road?

In my Plaid on low suspension, I’m getting light scrapes on the smallest rises on the road. Not even just going up an incline to a store parking lot or a driveway (that too, of course), but also when driving on a road most would consider to be “flat”, and going over shallow rises/hills at speed. When the suspension depresses/retracts going into and/or out of a rise, the flap(s) will make contact & will cause an audible scrape pretty much every time. It does not appear to be a problem on medium height.

Anyone else had this happen? I’m guessing it’s not unusual to run the car on low while driving, and I’d prefer not to be relegated to medium as the norm, because of this. Do you guys think it would be safe to let it happen, and rely on the bottom edge of the flap being worn down over time? The flap itself is reasonably soft and pliable, so I’m not worried about them ripping off the bodywork. Still, as someone that’s never had mudflaps on a car before, I found this surprising.