Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost certainly the screen protector is the cause of that. Matte screen protectors can completely kill the brightness of a display and cause any number of irregularities when light hits it. I've found the best way to go is no screen protector. Has anyone actually ever scratched their screen under normal use? With the way the S screen is recessed into the dash it's not worth it. Just my $0.02.
My 5 cents - if you have small kids that like to draw on the screen while supercharging, it gets risky 😃

Almost certainly the screen protector is the cause of that. Matte screen protectors can completely kill the brightness of a display and cause any number of irregularities when light hits it. I've found the best way to go is no screen protector. Has anyone actually ever scratched their screen under normal use? With the way the S screen is recessed into the dash it's not worth it. Just my $0.02.
I love the matte screen protector as now I get 0 fingerprints. I really can't even tell it is on, at least the Twraps one.

I love the matte screen protector as now I get 0 fingerprints. I really can't even tell it is on, at least the Twraps one.

TWRAPS are top quality, I can't argue with that, but I've never had a good experience with screen protectors. Yes, they protect the screen - if you absolutely need that above all, but the other downsides are annoying (reduced clarity/brightness/vibrancy etc) - but fingerprints are never an issue with the screen on that I've ever noticed... With it off is another thing, but... that's not common.

The Plaid is my Tesla # 4
First time I installed a screen protector.
Same reasoning you stated.
Mainly motivated by the back seat screen needing protection from errant shoe scuffs…
Helped my buddy install the Abstract Ocean Matte protector in his Refresh MS LR. Very impressed. So I followed suit.

Reactions: impastu
The Plaid is my Tesla # 4
First time I installed a screen protector.
Same reasoning you stated.
Mainly motivated by the back seat screen needing protection from errant shoe scuffs…
Helped my buddy install the Abstract Ocean Matte protector in his Refresh MS LR. Very impressed. So I followed suit.
Ironically, I just left the factory film on the rear screen. Just couldn't be bothered to do anything else, and installing a screen protector there is a PITA as I understand it.

Reactions: impastu
Ironically, I just left the factory film on the rear screen. Just couldn't be bothered to do anything else, and installing a screen protector there is a PITA as I understand it.
Actually, a POC (piece of cake) as long as it has the cutout on the bottom. I installed the Twraps product back there.
Screen Protectors for 2021+ Tesla... Amazon.com

I made a short installation video of my mudflaps, pretty straightforward:

Great video. I wish I had seen it [and read the subsequent comments] before I tried to install my mud flaps this afternoon. I got the left side but spent more than an hour unsuccessfully trying to get the right side flaps on. In the directions it states "Maneuver the mud flap in place so that the plastic hook on the backside is secure underneath the wheel liner and align the mud flap so that the push clip holes are aligned". After watching the video I now understand what that means and will try it again tomorrow. BTW, I took it to the local Tesla repair shop in Torrance, Ca, and no one there was aware that Tesla sold these mud flaps. Nor could they take the time to install them which is ok; they may do that on a service appointment I have in February if I can't accomplish the task tomorrow. I tried to do the task today without a jack, bad lightning, and not using a front facing camera. Now I know a little bit more.

Speaking of stuff for the new Model S, I just finished the Yoke Wrap. Here it is (will add more photos + install video later today or tomorrow):

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

I feel like TWRAPS is in a league of its own. I'd recommend them over pretty much any accessories vendor.
Thank you so much 🙏 I do everything in house (planning to shoot a video showing the entire process, from taking a model to vectorizing it, making fitment tests & changes, and then producing, prep & pack). Only exception is accessories (will be adding more in the near future) and screen protectors as I can't manufacture these myself for now 🤨

Speaking of stuff for the new Model S, I just finished the Yoke Wrap. Here it is (will add more photos + install video later today or tomorrow):

View attachment 758184
View attachment 758185
View attachment 758186

You are too good. Also, that white is an acquired taste, but... as we know, there are many here with acquired tastes. :D

Not sure what you mean?? I removed both clips and replaced them with the new ones, including the wheel well liner one.
I’m wrong….Re-watched your vid, and you Did do it….sorry 😜
Maneuver the mud flap in place so that the plastic hook on the backside is secure underneath the wheel liner and align the mud flap so that the push clip holes are aligned.
56A52A26-7F1D-4E16-B6C9-E86FEF52E57A.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m wrong….Re-watched your vid, and you Did do it….sorry 😜
Maneuver the mud flap in place so that the plastic hook on the backside is secure underneath the wheel liner and align the mud flap so that the push clip holes are aligned.View attachment 758250
Haha no worries, yeah it's a little tricky to do it and shoot a video with only two hands.. much easier to put the phone down and install the mudflap with two hands.