Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident Footage from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Mother's M.3 got bumped in the back bumper this past week from the car behind her.
Damage was minor so I assumed Mom & the counterparty decided to not call police & just exchanged insurance info.

Mom said the lady who bumped her apologized to her on the scene for initiating contact.
My brother helps her make a claim against counterparty's insurance & they said that since there was no police report to cite anyone & no witnesses they will not be paying the claim to my Mother.

They also said they searched the web (& these boards most likely came up) & found out that since accident occurred on a slight incline - her 3MR rolled back into their client.

My brother verified that Creep was ON & Mom's recollection is that her Hold was activated.
The owner manual's disclaimer is that even with these features activated - car might still roll - so cover your brakes.
Real world experience & testing recently - disproves this.

Unfortunately, we didn't' show her how to use Tesla Cam nor installed an USB drive for her yet .

So details being what they are - is there anyway Tesla can pull footage or logs for us to use as support for our claim?

Any constructive feedback - no sympathy needed - is appreciated.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem likely. Tesla states that they keep accident footage, but I'd imagine that it only happens if the airbags go off or furthermore if they are asked to investigate an accident. I think this is an unfortunate lesson learned for her.