Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident in Maui

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to bother everyone but I have a model 3 reservation ready for for my upcoming move to Maui and had a quick question.. (I'm a former model s and current model x owner...) Three months ago I got rear ended and had to wait 6 weeks for the trunk from tesla to be delivered to the tesla certified body shop in the north east.. My dad is a tesla owner in florida and was there for check up and was told it is over 3 months to get a model x door delivered for replacement in the tesla repair shop there. The Body shop here mentioned tesla is always slow on shipping parts. I understand a tesla mechanic comes to maui to check on the cars and do light work but what happens if you get rear ended on maui and need a shop to repair the car ... has anyone had any issues with body work on maui? is there a shop on maui? does tesla ship the car for free to honolulu to repair the car? will your insurance cover the cost of the shipping to honolulu? i worry about the cost of a rear end hit and the car being gone for months with heavy costs for repair the insurance will not cover as most insurance does not cover shipping

Thanks

Zooom