Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Active Spoiler Behavior Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the past few days I've noticed some erratic behavior from my active spoiler. Previously when the fob was near/in the car, the spoiler was up at the low setting, even if the car was parked. I know this to be true because I often accidentally leave the fob in the center console when I run into a store for a quick errand (typically a sbux run) and when I suddenly realized my key wasn't in my pocket I simply had to look at X and if I saw the spoiler still up I knew the fob was in there (I realize I'm not so smart btw). Also when driving the car the spoiler never fully retracted as far as I can remember, even when stopped at a light.

For the past few days (not sure exactly when this started - perhaps with 8.0 upgrade last week?) the spoiler does not come up when I approach the car. The lights blink and mirrors unfold but spoiler stays down. When driving the spoiler fully retracts when I stop. When driving at decent speed it does come up, but I'm not sure that it is ever going to highest position (which it should do at lower speeds).

Anybody else having anything like this or have any suggestions? If not looks like I'm heading to the service center.

Thx!

In the past few days I've noticed some erratic behavior from my active spoiler. Previously when the fob was near/in the car, the spoiler was up at the low setting, even if the car was parked. I know this to be true because I often accidentally leave the fob in the center console when I run into a store for a quick errand (typically a sbux run) and when I suddenly realized my key wasn't in my pocket I simply had to look at X and if I saw the spoiler still up I knew the fob was in there (I realize I'm not so smart btw). Also when driving the car the spoiler never fully retracted as far as I can remember, even when stopped at a light.

For the past few days (not sure exactly when this started - perhaps with 8.0 upgrade last week?) the spoiler does not come up when I approach the car. The lights blink and mirrors unfold but spoiler stays down. When driving the spoiler fully retracts when I stop. When driving at decent speed it does come up, but I'm not sure that it is ever going to highest position (which it should do at lower speeds).

Anybody else having anything like this or have any suggestions? If not looks like I'm heading to the service center.

Thx!
Mine stopped working entirely a month ago or so. The SC opened it up & found some corrosion, cleaned and lubricated it. Been working perfectly ever since. So it may have been a issue during installation at the factory.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200