Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

actual price of SR (non-plus) version after recent news?

So how much is the SR (off menu version) now?

• 35k, no AP

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • 35k, includes AP

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 37k, includes AP

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can answer the i think. I was a non AP SR+, and I called yesterday to enquire about price adjustments. I was told I couldn't stick with what I have and get the -$500 paint adjustment (MSM went from $1500 to $1000), I'd have to go up to the SR+/AP which would have increased my buy price by $1500. Not huge in the grand scheme of things, but I decided the relative value of the SR base was compelling enough to go ahead with a downgrade. In sum:

SR+ old price/no AP/MSM: $39k
SR+ new price/AP/MSM: $40.5k
SR/no AP/MSM: $36k

And I chose the third option. Saving $3k and keeping the partial premium interior seems compelling, even if it's without heated seats.
Good choice. So Tesla lost $3K instead of $500 without cutting any cost lol. They seems strict about those. One day after 3/21 I just range panicked and asked to upgrade my pre-3/21 SR+ order to LR but they insist I need to pay $7500 ($44500 - $37000) instead of original difference of $6000. I refused and took SR+ delivery.
A tiny deal or just by not making deal worse can net them some great extra profit I think.

Good choice. So Tesla lost $3K instead of $500 without cutting any cost lol. They seems strict about those. One day after 3/21 I just range panicked and asked to upgrade my pre-3/21 SR+ order to LR but they insist I need to pay $7500 ($44500 - $37000) instead of original difference of $6000. I refused and took SR+ delivery.
A tiny deal or just by not making deal worse can net them some great extra profit I think.

My theory is a lot of us folks who weren't ready to put down 50k on a car, who are looking for a "deal" given Tesla's price/trim changes in 2019, and sensitive to issues of price adjustments and whatnot, are an increasing proportion of model 3 buyers, and etting ANY adjustment or freebie would have been enough for us to roll with what we had. As you say, they could have made an extra $2500 off me for the exact same physical SR+ car , with trivial costs in software locking/unlocking.

I suppose a plausible ruse would be to give me heated seats for a month and then lock it down to entice me to pay what I would have paid haha.

Reactions: Retaw