Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

actual price of SR (non-plus) version after recent news?

So how much is the SR (off menu version) now?

• 35k, no AP

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • 35k, includes AP

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 37k, includes AP

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after the recent news, it's bit confusing how much the SR (the off menu one where you have to call them or go to a store) actually costs now and what it comes with. I keep hearing different answers from different posts. What do you guys think? still 35k or 37k now? if 35k, includes AP or is that just a system glitch?

These are the old prices:
  • $35,000 for SR
  • $37,500 for SR+
Based on Tesla's blog post, all Teslas now include Autopilot as standard for an additional $2,000 instead of $3,000 when Autopilot was an option. That means new prices should be as follows:
  • $37,000 for SR with AP
  • $39,500 for SR+ with AP
Tesla: All Tesla vehicles now come with Autopilot bundled as a standard feature for less than the prior cost of the option. Source

Last edited:
These are the old prices:
  • $35,000 for SR
  • $37,500 for SR+
Now all Teslas include Autopilot as standard for an additional $2,000 compared to the old price. That means the new price should be as follows:
  • $37,000 for SR with AP
  • $39,500 for SR+ with AP
that's what I thought too, but I am seeing reports of people calling in orders today and still being able to buy 35k SR without AP, along with others who already had SR orders and had it adjusted to become 35k SR WITH AP, and some being adjusted to 37k SR WITH AP. Plus there was an article where a Tesla spokesperson supposedly said SR is not affect by automatic bundling of AP. So it's all over the place right now...

I believe the $35K SR including Autopilot was an error caused by Tesla moving quickly without putting all of the details in place. I have no idea how they are going to handle all of the orders they have taken so far that have stated Autopilot is included. Here is the latest article from Consumer Reports confirming AP is NOT included in the $35K SR model.

Tesla Makes It Harder to Buy a $35,000 Model 3

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I believe the $35K SR including Autopilot was an error caused by Tesla moving quickly without putting all of the details in place. I have no idea how they are going to handle all of the orders they have taken so far that have stated Autopilot is included. Here is the latest article from Consumer Reports confirming AP is NOT included in the $35K SR model.

Tesla Makes It Harder to Buy a $35,000 Model 3
Thanks so much for confirming!

Relevant lines from the article for anyone interested:

Even though Tesla says on its website, “All Tesla vehicles now come with Autopilot bundled as a standard feature,” the company confirmed with CR that the $35,000 Standard Range version will not come with Autopilot, maintaining its entry-level price.

Thanks so much for confirming!
Relevant lines from the article for anyone interested:
Even though Tesla says on its website, “All Tesla vehicles now come with Autopilot bundled as a standard feature,” the company confirmed with CR that the $35,000 Standard Range version will not come with Autopilot, maintaining its entry-level price.
Several articles indicated that Tesla spokesmen told them the same thing.

Tesla starts leasing Model 3s; $35,000 version is now software-locked
Tesla contacted us this morning to say that in fact you can get a $35,000 Model 3 with no autopilot ...

AZ Phone rep said they would send it to order modify ops. Once they change the order I'm hoping it will be $35K w/ AP like others in this thread.

Just in case I added AP from the web page to my SR+ order, if the price doesn't update I'll ask them to take it off b/f delivery and take my chances.... Fingers crossed... Good bye CPO MS option

That's why they took the base SR 'off menu' though. It's effectively a 'custom' configuration, thus not subject to 'all'... For what it's worth people getting miffed over the base SR not having AP is really annoying since we all know Tesla is losing money on the base SR and is just selling a few of them so they can check the proverbial box. Seriously guys, even the SR+ (which I received on Monday) is a phenomenal car for the money. The technology that you are getting on the drive-train and batteries is second to none.

35k, no AP is..

None of AP poll choices are xorreco

I have a similar question though, what if you have a non AP reserved SR+ prior to the increase?

I can answer the i think. I was a non AP SR+, and I called yesterday to enquire about price adjustments. I was told I couldn't stick with what I have and get the -$500 paint adjustment (MSM went from $1500 to $1000), I'd have to go up to the SR+/AP which would have increased my buy price by $1500. Not huge in the grand scheme of things, but I decided the relative value of the SR base was compelling enough to go ahead with a downgrade. In sum:

SR+ old price/no AP/MSM: $39k
SR+ new price/AP/MSM: $40.5k
SR/no AP/MSM: $36k

And I chose the third option. Saving $3k and keeping the partial premium interior seems compelling, even if it's without heated seats.