Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add destination through mobile App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Know people who have BMW’s and Mercedes. They have an app that allows them to add a destination and transfer it to the vehicle. I am not sure if there is a feature like this in the Tesla App. Does anyone know?

Yes, its actually easier with tesla than BMW in my opinion. As mentioned, you open the mapping software of your choice, find your address, then click the SHARE icon in that application and share it with the tesla app. Step by step, using an iPhone and google maps app. You can use other mapping software but this will get you started.

1. Make sure you have the tesla app installed, and google maps (or other preferred mapping app) installed
2. Open the google maps app (or other mapping app)
3. Search for and find your location in the mapping app. In google maps, click the location on the map once you find it.
4. look at the bottom of the app screen, see directions, start, label... scroll that list to reveal the SHARE button.
5. Click the share button. Look in the top row of apps and scroll till you see the tesla app. If you dont see the tesla app:
a) scroll to the right and click the 3 dot "MORE" button
b) scroll through the list and find the tesla app. Click the switch next to the tesla app to turn it on for sharing.
c) Click done.
d) Return to step 5 and proceed again to click share, scroll, and then select the (now visible) tesla app.

You should see "sending to (name of your tesla)"

My experience with this is its very fast (faster than my bmw app to my bmw). The thing is, with BMW its so clunky to enter destinations via the in car nav almost all BMW users send to car from the BMW app if they have navigation, and then save as favorites.

Since you can just click the voice command button and say "Navigate to XXXXX" and it almost always works, doing it the way above is not as needed as it is on a BMW, but its still nice if you want to send an address from your office or something if you are taking people to lunch.

1D7B8563-F77D-424D-A190-4BDB91048E4A.png
Works great.

Yes, its actually easier with tesla than BMW in my opinion. As mentioned, you open the mapping software of your choice, find your address, then click the SHARE icon in that application and share it with the tesla app. Step by step, using an iPhone and google maps app. You can use other mapping software but this will get you started.

1. Make sure you have the tesla app installed, and google maps (or other preferred mapping app) installed
2. Open the google maps app (or other mapping app)
3. Search for and find your location in the mapping app. In google maps, click the location on the map once you find it.
4. look at the bottom of the app screen, see directions, start, label... scroll that list to reveal the SHARE button.
5. Click the share button. Look in the top row of apps and scroll till you see the tesla app. If you dont see the tesla app:
a) scroll to the right and click the 3 dot "MORE" button
b) scroll through the list and find the tesla app. Click the switch next to the tesla app to turn it on for sharing.
c) Click done.
d) Return to step 5 and proceed again to click share, scroll, and then select the (now visible) tesla app.

You should see "sending to (name of your tesla)"

My experience with this is its very fast (faster than my bmw app to my bmw). The thing is, with BMW its so clunky to enter destinations via the in car nav almost all BMW users send to car from the BMW app if they have navigation, and then save as favorites.

Since you can just click the voice command button and say "Navigate to XXXXX" and it almost always works, doing it the way above is not as needed as it is on a BMW, but its still nice if you want to send an address from your office or something if you are taking people to lunch.
Awesome. Just tried it and it works perfectly. Thank you very much.

• Love
Reactions: Snerruc