Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advan V601 vs Firehawk Indy 500's (265/35/19)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

canasion35

Feb 8, 2021
FL
Listings
Looking to see if anybody has run either of the two tires: V601 Advan's or the Indy 500's. I am looking to put a 265/35/19 on a TE37 (19x9.5 et28) and wanted to see if anybody here were running similar setups!

1667845609276.png

1667845640296.png

From those whomst have run either tire, what are your thoughts? I'm mainly looking for a semi-long lasting summer tire that will be on the street only, no track time here. Looking to spend around the $1k mark for tires. I know the PS4S is the premier tire, but funnily enough i don't like the way they look on the TE's. Additionally they are $1,500 for a set ~ 50% more expensive...I.E not worth it IMO.

Priorities:
1st - Quietness
2nd - Wear
3rd - Wet performance

Last edited:
I have approx 5k miles on the advan V601 265/35-19. They check all of your boxes. I also have the same tires on a civic type r with about 10k miles on them and they are the reason I went with them on the MP3.

I can't speak to the indy 500's.

I have approx 5k miles on the advan V601 265/35-19. They check all of your boxes. I also have the same tires on a civic type r with about 10k miles on them and they are the reason I went with them on the MP3.

I can't speak to the indy 500's.
Thank you for your response! How are they wearing so far with ~5k miles on them? The one thing i have read (admittedly only on tirerack) is that the wet performance is so-so and they wear on the fast side. What are your thoughts on those two things from your experience?

Thank you for your response! How are they wearing so far with ~5k miles on them? The one thing i have read (admittedly only on tirerack) is that the wet performance is so-so and they wear on the fast side. What are your thoughts on those two things from your experience?
I think they a wearing great, and I push them pretty hard on the street. I have a dedicated track and autox setup so the advans don't see that kind of aggression, but I'm not easy on them.

They haven't hydroplaned or anything crazy in our Florida heavy rains.

Reactions: canasion35
I think they a wearing great, and I push them pretty hard on the street. I have a dedicated track and autox setup so the advans don't see that kind of aggression, but I'm not easy on them.

They haven't hydroplaned or anything crazy in our Florida heavy rains.
Super good to know! I’ve been on the fence about these two for a little bit. I personally like the Advan’s more but open to comment on the Indy’s!

I have been running the Indy 500s on my Chrysler 300S for beauty as long as I've had the car 2013. Tried them because of the price and I typically get about 25k miles out of them (which is about what I got out of the OE all-seasons; I'm in socal, so I really have no need for all-seasons). Just put a set on my M3P but on 19s. They look and feel great. I have a feeling I won't get as many miles on the M3P vs the Chrysler though. 😆.

From a tire construction standpoint, these 2 tires have a lot of similarities in their tread design. They'll likely be similar in terms of performance. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I really like the look of the outer tread blocks on the indys though.

How have you been liking them in so far as tire wear, noise, performance now that you've had em on for a little bit?
That was actually before I upgraded. I did like the tires and had been using them on my previous car as well. I got about 18k miles out of them vs about 36k on my previous car (Chrysler 300S V6). Clearly I drive the M3P harder. They gripped well, but we're slightly noisy.

I have some Conti DWS 06 on these wheels now in the same size which are on the car at the moment as I got a nail in my other set of tires which I've been running some S007s on.