Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advance Song Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed that I can advance or go back when playing a song if I press the area under the progress bar and slide back and forth. I can only do this in the small window on the bottom left of the screen. I haven't seen this feature mentioned here.

Hard to call it a "feature" when it is the barely minimal controlling you can do in USB playback control. The UX for USB music is abysmal and has less functionality than something developed in the early 90's. (FWIW, what you are describing is called "scrubbing" and is a very common control in both audio and video playback.)

There used to be 10 second forward and backward skip control, but that got taken away.

They put zero effort into making this a working feature.

Just updated to 2023.20.4.1 and after the reboot I cannot scrub (adjust the playback position of the current playing song) the built in streaming any more. Could on the last version 2023.12.9. Rebooted didnt help either.
Thought it was just me that lost the ability to move the song forward/backwards via the playback progress horizontal bar... Glad I'm not the only one!

Reactions: heapmaster
Just updated to 2023.20.4.1 and after the reboot I cannot scrub (adjust the playback position of the current playing song) the built in streaming any more. Could on the last version 2023.12.9. Rebooted didnt help either.

Thought it was just me that lost the ability to move the song forward/backwards via the playback progress horizontal bar... Glad I'm not the only one!

Glad im not the only one either, thought I was going crazy, since it doesnt make an sense they would remove it. Hope they see the issue and fix it in the next update.
FWIW, I finally updated to 2023.20.4.1 yesterday (I'm always late in the cycle since I am never on WiFi). Scrubbing is still working on Tidal.

Car just updated to 2023.20.7 (release notes indicate bug fixes), but for Tesla Streaming music source, the ability to move the song forward/backwards via the playback progress horizontal bar still not back :(
Now car just updated to 2023.20.8 (release notes indicate bug fixes), but for Tesla Streaming music source, the ability to move the song forward/backwards via the playback progress horizontal bar still not back :(

• Informative
Reactions: heapmaster