Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remembering last played song when switching source

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys, new Model 3 owner here. Is there any way for the car to remember the last song that was played when switching between music sources?

Seems like a basic thing that all my old cars did.

I like to switch between the radio and either Spotify or USB when the adverts come on in the morning, but it just loads the Spotify interface up as if I've just logged in.

I have a massive playlist in Spotify that I just add anything I like to it, I would like it to pick up where it left off, not divert me to the first song in the playlist. When you have a few hundered songs in there, its not convenient to scroll 30 times to get the the bottom of the list. It is similar for the USB. when I click on the USB icon, it takes me to the rot, rather than carry on playing the last song.

Hi Guys, new Model 3 owner here. Is there any way for the car to remember the last song that was played when switching between music sources?

In a word: no

As much as Tesla loves to tout their infotainment system, there is a LOT to be desired. It's memory of where it left off is abysmal. The only two sources I use are USB music and Tidal. But each time you switch, I am starting over. With USB, you even have to remind it to go back to USB when getting back in the car (the USB music UX is horrific).

Reactions: heavyD
In a word: no

As much as Tesla loves to tout their infotainment system, there is a LOT to be desired. It's memory of where it left off is abysmal. The only two sources I use are USB music and Tidal. But each time you switch, I am starting over. With USB, you even have to remind it to go back to USB when getting back in the car (the USB music UX is horrific).
It's by far the most rudimentary infotainment system in the industry today. I just don't understand why they don't let some of their programmers clean it up so it doesn't feel like your music sources reset every time you get into the car.

Thanks for the responses guys, I'll test out the voice commands tomorrow on my commute. I feel like the infotainment apps needs a good update. One thing I haven't looked into yet is if you can do offline Spotify playlists?

heavyD - Is that Roy Kent? 😄