Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advanced Auto Pilot and Subscription FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased Advanced Auto Pilot on October 1st so that I could subscribe to FSD for the $99 a month. However, I am being charged $199 a month and the excuse that Tesla is giving me is because AAP wasn't purchased when the car was purchased new. Has anyone had this same issue? It doesn't seem right to me, I wouldn't have spent the $3000 if I knew I wasn't going to get credit for it.

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
...Advanced Auto Pilot...

Sometimes assumptions might not work too well.

That's why homework might save the day.

1) Find out what your car has. Look at your sales receipt and it would tell whether you have Enhance Autopilot or not. If you don't have a receipt with you, go to your car's screen display and look that up.

2) Read the blog so you know how much you would pay according to what you've found out about your car from the info above.

• Informative
Reactions: doubleshot
fake news. not real. new member purchasing something that isn't available for purchase and saying it's crap. maybe post a pic of EAP being enabled on your screen (enhanced autopilot, nothing exists called advanced autopilot) ... but why would you do this anyways, doesn't make sense would take 30 months to regain that 3k back.

fake news. not real. new member purchasing something that isn't available for purchase and saying it's crap. maybe post a pic of EAP being enabled on your screen (enhanced autopilot, nothing exists called advanced autopilot) ... but why would you do this anyways, doesn't make sense would take 30 months to regain that 3k back.
I apologize if I used the wrong terminology, I'm a new owner, I bought a 2018 Model S P100. When I purchased the car inside the APP I had the option to upgrade my Auto Pilot to Enhanced Auto Pilot for $3000 and upgrade to FSD for $10,000. I paid $3000 to upgrade Auto Pilot to Enhanced. Sorry if you disagree with the 3K but that is the way I went.

Advanced Autopilot isn’t a thing. Enhanced Autopilot hasn’t been offered in a few years, so your Plaid would be $199 a month.
Advanced Autopilot isn’t a thing. Enhanced Autopilot hasn’t been offered in a few years, so your Plaid would be $199 a month.
I apologize if I used the wrong terminology, I'm a new owner, I bought a 2018 Model S P100. When I purchased the ca, inside the APP I had the option to upgrade my Auto Pilot to Enhanced Auto Pilot for $3000 and upgrade to FSD for $10,000. I paid $3000 to upgrade Auto Pilot to Enhanced.

...I paid $3000 to upgrade Auto Pilot to Enhanced...

Currently, I think Enhanced Autopilot is the best bargain for practical use.

Enhanced Autopilot is almost like FSD beta but without City Streets features.

It's practical because it's mature enough that you don't have to feel like a test pilot most of the time.

That's not the same FSD beta as it is not mature enough and you would definitely feel you are a test pilot to make sure it doesn't get you into trouble most of the time.

People think FSD would be mature enough a long time ago like only 3 years away from 2013:

That means I would not regret if I already paid $3,000 for Enhanced Autopilot and I would not regret missing the boat for the $10,000 FSD in 2021. I would consider that I am lucky for many years to come until FSD would mature someday in the unknown future.