Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been abroad for 4 months, my 2023 Y LR up on blocks awaiting my return. I subscribed for several months and found FSD helpful on long freeway drives of thousands of miles around the West. However, the frequent ‘nagging’ struck me as unsafe, as it requires you to watch the screen rather than the road more than you should to avoid being kicked out. It would be better if the nags were on a heads-up display or audio. I want to make a 7,000 mile US road trip in May, but the recent press concerns me that this nagging may now be worse. What does a monthly $199 subscription currently get you? I’d love to get beta of course, but that sounds impossible.

It would be better if the nags were on a heads-up display or audio.
The intention of the system is not that you leave your hands off the wheel and get nagged at regular intervals so you can play whack a mole with warnings. The system is designed so that you apply constant light torque to the steering wheel. If you do that, the car just drives around. No muss, no fuss.

I'd prefer a hands-free system that relies on driver attention monitoring, but that's not what we have, so I work with the system we do have to get the best driving experience I can. Different drivers have come up with different ways to keep the torque sensor happy, and if you search around I'm sure you'll find descriptions of those techniques.

Reactions: melmalinowski
I got it for a long trip this month. 2 near accidents on the trip. One pulled into and intersection the only reason we didn't get hit was the other car was newer and it auto braked. My opinion it makes the car more dangerous. $200 a month you risk your life to beta test for Tesla. It takes turns too wide. Cuts cars off when changing lanes. Missed a few turns. Very glitchy! Let other people test it for now. It isn't even close for city driving. Highway it's helpful but don't trust it.

Reactions: Kimmi