Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice buying used MS from Carvana/Vroom?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Tesla CPO purchases seem overpriced right now, so I'm looking more closely at Carvana and Vroom options for buying a 2016-2018 MS75D. I think I can determine some key things from their listings and pictures, but there are some things I'd want to know that aren't always (if ever) apparent on the listings: AP version, suspension type, audio configuration level, and (possibly most importantly) daily/max state-of-charge. Any observations or recommendations on what to expect or how to get this information from them?

Thanks,

Todd

Pretty much all used cars are "overpriced" right now but Tesla prices can be fairly competitive.

For example:

2017 MS 75D with 31k miles, HW 3.0, 1 year warranty, clean history, etc. at the Tesla store near you in Maryland for $61,000.
https://www.tesla.com/ms/order/5YJSA1E26HF200187

2017 MS 75D with 29k miles, shorter 100 day warranty, etc. at the Carvana in Indiana is already higher priced at $64,590 even before shipping charge.

Pretty much all used cars are "overpriced" right now but Tesla prices can be fairly competitive.

For example:

2017 MS 75D with 31k miles, HW 3.0, 1 year warranty, clean history, etc. at the Tesla store near you in Maryland for $61,000.
Inventory | Tesla

2017 MS 75D with 29k miles, shorter 100 day warranty, etc. at the Carvana in Indiana is already higher priced at $64,590 even before shipping charge.
I’m not those prices are competitive, here’s a 2018 100D with less miles for just a few K more

Thanks you both for your replies. “Overpriced” for me comes from having paid less than $54K for a 2016 MS75D CPO with less than 20K miles, FSD, sub-zero, FUSC, and 4yr warranty in April 2020.

Still would welcome tips for getting those details i mentioned form Carvana and other sources.

Thanks!

Thanks you both for your replies. “Overpriced” for me comes from having paid less than $54K for a 2016 MS75D CPO with less than 20K miles, FSD, sub-zero, FUSC, and 4yr warranty in April 2020.

2020 was a good time to buy a car due to COVID, rental companies dumping fleets, etc. By October of that year, the base price of a MS LR+ had dropped to $69,420.

2021 is a different story as chip shortages, supply chain issues, etc. have changed the picture. A new (refresh) MS today has a base price over $25k or 36% higher at $94,990 and used car prices in general are up quite a bit.

Reactions: AMPd
BTW, the whole issue of mileage on an older Tesla is mostly irrelevant and should not affect the asking price. Battery condition is much more important and that is not directly linked to mileage. I'd rather have a 100K mile 2019 than a 30K mile 2016.

• Informative
Reactions: ayavner
40AB06ED-0B6D-4EDE-9538-3CDC73506FA4.png

I just picked this up last week, I see a lot of talk on pricing but deals can be found. Many times I find most of us are married to our Tesla and online sellers aren’t! This is my second car from Vroom!