Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice for first time owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
i just received the VIN for my Model 3 long range after many months and am very excited
Never owned a Tesla or any EV and wondering if any of you kind people could suggest what charging apps I should download?
Any accessories a must?
Anything you can suggest to enhance the ex appreciated please

Congratulations on coming over to the "dark" side! ;)

Have you already setup your home to charge the car? That's the first and most important to-do.

Charging apps - Chaegepoint, EVGo, ChargeHub, Plugshare.

Navigation app- ABRP (A Better Route Planner).

As far as accessories - Floor mats is a good idea for most folks. I personally prefer the TuxMat brand. They don't look cheap and fit well.

Congratulations on coming over to the "dark" side! ;)

Have you already setup your home to charge the car? That's the first and most important to-do.

Charging apps - Chaegepoint, EVGo, ChargeHub, Plugshare.

Navigation app- ABRP (A Better Route Planner).

As far as accessories - Floor mats is a good idea for most folks. I personally prefer the TuxMat brand. They don't look cheap and fit well.

thanks!
home set up for charging and I live in a building that has Blink charging stations as well.
of course I have my Tesla app all set up
I’m assuming they will go over everything with me at delivery
I used to have Sirius in my other cars.
I believe Tesla supports Spotify, any others

You don't really need to mess with apps unless you're making big trips into undeveloped parts of the country or trying to find free overnight charging near/at a hotel/BNB. Only the Tesla chargers are fast enough to charge while you wait and the nav screen always shows you where they all are and what their current capacity is.

With Covid they often don't go over the car with you. Sometimes all they do is leave it in a parking lot somewhere and text some clues to help you find it. Your phone app will automatically start working when you get there and will let you unlock/drive the car so it actually can be a zero-interaction process depending on your delivery center arrangement.
TuneIn is included with the connectivity and is pretty good for music and podcasts. Spotify is supported with your own paid account. Other services will be added sooner or later.

Wait 'til you get the car before buying accessories. You'll get a better sense of what you want. The console trays and plastic trunk mat direct from the Tesla store are my recommendations. The car comes with decent front/rear floor mats.

You don't really need to mess with apps unless you're making big trips into undeveloped parts of the country or trying to find free overnight charging near/at a hotel/BNB. Only the Tesla chargers are fast enough to charge while you wait and the nav screen always shows you where they all are and what their current capacity is.

With Covid they often don't go over the car with you. Sometimes all they do is leave it in a parking lot somewhere and text some clues to help you find it. Your phone app will automatically start working when you get there and will let you unlock/drive the car so it actually can be a zero-interaction process depending on your delivery center arrangement.
TuneIn is included with the connectivity and is pretty good for music and podcasts. Spotify is supported with your own paid account. Other services will be added sooner or later.

Wait 'til you get the car before buying accessories. You'll get a better sense of what you want. The console trays and plastic trunk mat direct from the Tesla store are my recommendations. The car comes with decent front/rear floor mats.
Thanks this is very helpful!

I realize this thread is old but for others:

Watch the online videos before you go to pick up the car. At a minimum watch the ones on physical controls and the touchscreen. Pay attention to how to put it in drive/reverse, how the turn signals work and be prepared for regenerative breaking if you have not experienced it before.

Reactions: Hiline
I realize this thread is old but for others:

Watch the online videos before you go to pick up the car. At a minimum watch the ones on physical controls and the touchscreen. Pay attention to how to put it in drive/reverse, how the turn signals work and be prepared for regenerative breaking if you have not experienced it before.

This is actually very helpful. I wish I had gone over these videos before taking delivery; I wouldn't have fumbled around like an idiot just to drive the car out of the lot haha