Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice for leaving car in airport car park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all the advice.

Got back on Saturday and had nothing to worry about! Left it with 69% and 8 days later when we got back it had 55%. Drove up to oxford to charge on the way home

Would you guys say that’s normal? Only checked on it once when I was away through the app. Did have TeslaFi running and did notice it didn’t sleep very often.

Thanks for all the advice.

Got back on Saturday and had nothing to worry about! Left it with 69% and 8 days later when we got back it had 55%. Drove up to oxford to charge on the way home

Would you guys say that’s normal? Only checked on it once when I was away through the app. Did have TeslaFi running and did notice it didn’t sleep very often.

I’d say that was pretty good if the car wasn’t sleeping much. I wonder why it wasn’t sleeping?

I looked at the raw data logs from TeslaFi. On a couple of occasions TeslaFi was waiting for the car to sleep but it didn’t for some reason.

Don’t get me wrong it did sleep but I expected it to sleep more often. Oh well, main thing is it wasn’t empty when we got back to it!!

Over here in sunny Southern California (U.S.), I recently parked in an indoor garage by LAX airport on a 5 day work trip. When I came back, I lost about 22 miles of range from just sitting. I did check up on the car, a Model 3, thru the smartphone app periodically while I was away, but I don’t think that would cause any noticeable drain on the battery even thought it says the car is ‘waking ‘ ?

Over here in sunny Southern California (U.S.), I recently parked in an indoor garage by LAX airport on a 5 day work trip. When I came back, I lost about 22 miles of range from just sitting. I did check up on the car, a Model 3, thru the smartphone app periodically while I was away, but I don’t think that would cause any noticeable drain on the battery even thought it says the car is ‘waking ‘ ?

Every time you checked on the car you woke it up. It could be another one or so before it goes back to sleep. Definitely better not to fire the app up, as difficult as that can be.