Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice Needed: Issue on ordering a car, CC did not get charged, but the "RN" shows in my account and asked to do wire transfer.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

theocguy

M3RWD - MSM/BLK/OD:03/22/Picked up 10/31/2022
Feb 11, 2022
Southern CA
Hi there

I ordered a MYLR last night. Possible internet issue that it did not seem go thru successfully. I checked in my account and it was created automatically, and saw a RN number. However, my CC did not get charged and did not see any amt put on holds by Tesla.com (or $250 per se).
Called to local office and spoke with a person on this issue. He said he would call the sales op team to figure it. In about an hour or two, I received a welcome email from Tesla. I logged in my account and saw the MYLR with the configuration I ordered.

However, it asked me to do wire transfer of $100 for the order fee.

I feel weird that they ask to do wire transfer. I also called the 888 number and a rep told me if I do not pay the $100, the order will be cancelled in few days.

My question is, should I ask them to cancel this order and start from beginning to place the order, and charge my cc?

if you have a RN number you should be fine. Sometimes it may take a while for it show up as pending. Ask them if the RN is valid
My account shows the RN number. It seems like my order was not totally processed thru their system as cc was/is not charged. Msg be it was some sort of network issue at that time? I am going to ask the SA to cancel this RN and will place a new order online.

Reactions: everydaychris
Hi there

I ordered a MYLR last night. Possible internet issue that it did not seem go thru successfully. I checked in my account and it was created automatically, and saw a RN number. However, my CC did not get charged and did not see any amt put on holds by Tesla.com (or $250 per se).
Called to local office and spoke with a person on this issue. He said he would call the sales op team to figure it. In about an hour or two, I received a welcome email from Tesla. I logged in my account and saw the MYLR with the configuration I ordered.

However, it asked me to do wire transfer of $100 for the order fee.

I feel weird that they ask to do wire transfer. I also called the 888 number and a rep told me if I do not pay the $100, the order will be cancelled in few days.

My question is, should I ask them to cancel this order and start from beginning to place the order, and charge my cc?
I thought the order fee was upped to $250. Is what I payed back in August

I thought the order fee was upped to $250. Is what I payed back in August
it is 250. it seems a glitch in the system that they pushed my order without charging my cc $250. However, they won't move forward of the order unless i do the wire transfer. I feel like the whole thing was weird, and don't know if there is any issue in my order because of the "glitch". I thought their system should commit the transaction once all the shopping cart validation logics are completed. It seems their website only committed half of the transaction.

anyway, the manager in the local Tesla cancelled the previous order and I put in the new order.

Reactions: BGOwner