Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice needed: lead time for parts after damage 😒

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, TMC-ers, Early July I unfortunately had an accident where the front left side of my (then 6-month old... :rolleyes:) Tesla Model S MY2022 was significantly damaged (see photo). Extremely frustrating.

Since early July, the car has been with the body shop (Tesla certified, etc.) who are doing what they can. The issue is that a small number of parts have not yet been delivered (I understood it was about 3 parts). As I understand it, Tesla keeps pushing back the delivery by a week each time and so we're already more than two months in without any clear sight of when they will actually be delivered. Extremely frustrating...

The body shop told me that they communicate 'electronically' with Tesla - via a logistics software package - and occasionally via email. Unfortunately, this does not lead to any acceleration or insight into the delivery time. There are no other ways to communicate with Tesla.

The global parts distribution center is located in Tilburg ("Tesla Global Parts Distribution Centre & Warehouse"). I'm considering reaching out to them directly once I have clarity on which parts (with their respective IDs/numbers) are in question.

In addition, I'm wondering about what's legally reasonable. What can you expect from a car manufacturer in terms of parts delivery and lead times? This considering the cost implications (having a cheaper rental car while paying the lease costs of my own car) and the simple fact that I, of course, would like to drive my own car again as soon as possible.

Are there more experiences with this on the TMC forum? I'd love to hear experiences, advice..
1694245807179.png