Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on Buying a CPO Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like you are at the same spot I was a few months back. I have a 150 mile commute daily in the LA area and was driving a Chevy volt. The Volt did a wonderful job with my commute but the drive started to wear on me. I started looking into the model S mainly for the AP feature. I was able to snag a 2014 CPO with AP1 for 51k with 55k miles on it. I have been driving with it for about 2 months and can tell you that the stress level for my commute is way down. Given that most of my commute is highway miles, I use about 60 - 70% of AP daily. I still baby it and act like I am watching a new driver drive but overall, its been a pleasure. I highly suggest talking to a CPO OA from tesla to see if they can find one for you that isnt on their website. My car was labeled wrong on their site and did not say that it was AP enabled. I trusted the OA and told him that if he was wrong I would back out. Sure enough he was right. AP1 with 21 inch turbine wheels 85kw battery. They're out there you just have to be patient. Good luck. If you need my OA's name message me.

Sounds like you are at the same spot I was a few months back. I have a 150 mile commute daily in the LA area and was driving a Chevy volt. The Volt did a wonderful job with my commute but the drive started to wear on me. I started looking into the model S mainly for the AP feature. I was able to snag a 2014 CPO with AP1 for 51k with 55k miles on it. I have been driving with it for about 2 months and can tell you that the stress level for my commute is way down. Given that most of my commute is highway miles, I use about 60 - 70% of AP daily. I still baby it and act like I am watching a new driver drive but overall, its been a pleasure. I highly suggest talking to a CPO OA from tesla to see if they can find one for you that isnt on their website. My car was labeled wrong on their site and did not say that it was AP enabled. I trusted the OA and told him that if he was wrong I would back out. Sure enough he was right. AP1 with 21 inch turbine wheels 85kw battery. They're out there you just have to be patient. Good luck. If you need my OA's name message me.

Great, thanks! I really appreciate the local experience. I actually found a Turo listing of an AP1 Model S, and I've made a two-day reservation for two weeks from now. I'm really looking forward to trying it out and testing the autopilot performance in traffic.

I'll take the info of your CPO advisor if it isn't too much trouble. Would be very helpful!

Reactions: THXULTRA