Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on exporting and prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I have recently become very interested in getting a model S but I live in the Bahamas so I was wondering?

1) does anyone here know anyone who has exported a model S to the Bahamas (I have to pay duty on the car so a used model is most likely and once overseas I think the warranty is void?) if so is it easy to charge/service locally?

2) given the recent price cuts does the community think used prices will come down in the coming months, especially once Model 3 starts being delivered? I don't want to annoy recent buyers with this thought but with the cost of getting a car to the island every $$ counts!

3) how have people's Model S held up after 3/4 years? Am I mad bringing a Tesla to an island with no official service network?

Thanks.

Id be pretty scared with no SC around me but idk your call. I don't even have my ms yet and I am so grateful I live close by to my SC, I feel lucky after hearing so many stories of others who live almost 4 hrs away from their closest. I don't think I could live with myself if I were you imo. Id just be extremely cautious when checking for issues when you first pick it up before shipping. And also during shipping (idk what you are using to ship) I would be pretty scared to say the least. And once it arrives I guarantee you will love it, but if you have any complex issues than wind or cabin noise you are screwed.