Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice re: referral code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to use the referral link before placing your order. If you click on a referral link, it will show you the user's referral stats and then allow you to order an S, 3 or X.

If you already placed your order, it's too late to add a referral code.

Reactions: Gwgan
You need to use the referral link before placing your order. If you click on a referral link, it will show you the user's referral stats and then allow you to order an S, 3 or X.

If you already placed your order, it's too late to add a referral code.

Not true. I fell into the same trap and called the SC where my car was going to be delivered. The Sales agent added the referral code after I placed my order and my app showed 1000 free miles when I picked up the car.

Not true. I fell into the same trap and called the SC where my car was going to be delivered. The Sales agent added the referral code after I placed my order and my app showed 1000 free miles when I picked up the car.
Yes, in the past, that's been possible but they updated the rules to say that it MUST be used before the order. They might still make exceptions but the rules are pretty clear.

My buddy just bought a Model 3 SR+ last week. We had been emailing and I sent him my referral link...but when it was time to buy he just went into the regular app and ordered..expecting to add my referral code somewhere in the process.
I expect he was more focused on options than on the referral code
Bummer if we cant have it added..he hasnt even received the car yet..

Perhaps Tesla should add a place in regular ordering for a referral code to eliminate this problem.

I just call it a referral link now and ask people to click on the link. (Not that it’s done me any good lately).
Not as practical as a code that can be entered online when you’re handing out information cards and giving rides at an event.