Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you get referral credits if you don't have a Tesla yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you should be able to, but this site is not affiliated directly with Tesla (its a fan site) and I nor any other volunteer moderator like me work for Tesla (neither do the site owners).

Teslas website about their current referral program is here:

I think you should be able to, but this site is not affiliated directly with Tesla (its a fan site) and I nor any other volunteer moderator like me work for Tesla (neither do the site owners).

Teslas website about their current referral program is here:

I know, but it seems like something only a Tesla owner on here might know.

The site says “To be eligible to receive referral credits, you must have a qualifying Tesla product in your Tesla Account.”

Which I do, but it’s a reservation with a pickup date. I haven’t purchased it yet.

Reread the original post. If you have a referral code in the 'Refer and Earn' section of your account, you should be able to get referral credits.

Just checked my Tesla accounts; you need a product. I have an account without cars cause I ordered my '23 using the wrong account, then transferred it to my proper account. So even if you had a qualifying product at one time, referral code goes away once there are no qualifying products.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 1.10.09 PM.png

Last edited:
Reread the original post. If you have a referral code in the 'Refer and Earn' section of your account, you should be able to get referral credits.

Just checked my Tesla accounts; you need a product. I have an account without cars cause I ordered my '23 using the wrong account, then transferred it to my proper account. So even if you had a qualifying product at one time, referral code goes away once there are no qualifying products.

View attachment 1001107
Huh. I have a code, so maybe it should work right? If I didn’t have the reservation then there would be no link. I’d assume if I did get credits then they’d remove them if I cancelled delivery.

I went on chat and after a few minutes the rep just said, “you can get credits when you order products.” And ended the chat. Yeah thanks. Other chat reps have been very good even checking inventory and such.

Tesla referrals seems to almost not exist anymore! To ensure remittance of an earned referral credit for a solar roof, I have asked my Project Advisor multiple times in writing, emailed [email protected] ("no longer monitored"), emailed [email protected] (also "no longer monitored"), emailed [email protected] (also "not monitored" wtf!!), and texted 510-422-0476 multiple times.

If anyone has a valid (in 2024) number to reach them, please post it.