Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero Wheel Covers for Model S (Like Model ≡)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay I know the Model ≡ Aero Wheels are a bit polarizing and some like them and other don't.

So this is not a discussion about how good or bad they look but the OPTION of being able to put on Aero Wheel covers in a Model S when traveling long distances.

From what I gather, the Model ≡ Aero Wheel covers add about 5% extra range when traveling long distances and with that benefit in extra range, I would not care if they were neon green with pink polka dots :) Does anyone know of a similar option for the Model S?

Perhaps this will be available as a part of the Model S refresh coming up?

Like these? There were aero wheels on the OG model S, but apparently they were so unpopular that Tesla got rid of them. Maybe they’ll bring them back again - who knows?

Attachments

• 5182D1B0-DBCB-4AFE-BD54-242D7EE2C963.jpeg
    5182D1B0-DBCB-4AFE-BD54-242D7EE2C963.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 300
Like these? There were aero wheels on the OG model S, but apparently they were so unpopular that Tesla got rid of them. Maybe they’ll bring them back again - who knows?

Yes but the problem with that approach is that they always look like that.

I really like what they've done with the Model ≡ where you have regular looking wheels but when you travel long distances you can snap on the covers for extra range. I'd love to be able to snap on Aero covers when we travel and this is one of my favorite Model ≡ features that I'd like to have the Model S (along with the fancy vent system!).