Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After 20214.15 now radio sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title should have said NO sound. I have not driven much since the latest update 2021.4.15. Today for the first time since update, I noticed that my radio does not connect to the speakers. The radio recogizes the station and current programing on all ststions tried. But there was no sound. I tested the sound on all other scources and it worked normally. I tested on all radio stations available and it did not. I am wondering if other Tesla owners have experienced this problem.

Title should have said NO sound. I have not driven much since the latest update 2021.4.15. Today for the first time since update, I noticed that my radio does not connect to the speakers. The radio recogizes the station and current programing on all ststions tried. But there was no sound. I tested the sound on all other scources and it worked normally. I tested on all radio stations available and it did not. I am wondering if other Tesla owners have experienced this problem.

I did on my model 3 after an update and they had to replace the tuner.

If you tried the hard reset with no joy I suggest you do yourself a service appointment

Last edited:
This is to report that after several hours of sitting in my garage, the problem disappeared. I did not reset the computer or otherwise change any configuration. I have no idea about what caused or fixed the problem. I will continue to monitor this and report any change.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
This is to report that after several hours of sitting in my garage, the problem disappeared. I did not reset the computer or otherwise change any configuration. I have no idea about what caused or fixed the problem. I will continue to monitor this and report any change.
Likely the car going into deep sleep/powered down state reset that sub-system.

My understanding is that there are many sub-systems which do not reset or lose power even during a reboot. When the car goes into deep sleep (assuming it's allowed to do so... aka. sentry mode is not enabled for a given location), it will start shutting most systems down to preserve power and many of these sub-system will end up being effectively reset at that time.

This is why one of the recommended troubleshooting steps in the manual is to use the Power Off function. However, for this to really work you have to let the car fully shut down. Specifically you will need to click the button, and then be prepared to sit in the car without touching anything for about 5 minutes to let everything fully power down. Anything you do touch, or any door you open will interrupt this process and wake it back up prematurely. After the recommended time (in the manual) has passed, you can tap the brake to wake it back up.