Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After MCU2 upgrade issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi mates

My 2017MS,
In Feb 2021, i did MCU2 upgrade but i faced few problems

1. Poor LTE reception, in City, London where i live, i believe there are always strong LTE on mobile phone, but my ms has lost LTE constantly, eg, i parked car in Westminster but returned car, it showed no LTE. Frustration.

2. Few and some Tunein station not working.

3. BBC iplayer not working, my previous MCU1, it worked well.

4. I found this issues very recently, its very strange web browsing, click on web, it showing a small grey colour web page, and slowly turned to Website, but it turnd off simultaneously.

I tried to open web but it happened again, i dont know why???

Does anyone has similar experinces and any suggestion.

Attachments

• 20210809_164219.jpg
    20210809_164219.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 20210809_164220.jpg
    20210809_164220.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 83
Hi mates

My 2017MS,
In Feb 2021, i did MCU2 upgrade but i faced few problems

1. Poor LTE reception, in City, London where i live, i believe there are always strong LTE on mobile phone, but my ms has lost LTE constantly, eg, i parked car in Westminster but returned car, it showed no LTE. Frustration.

2. Few and some Tunein station not working.

3. BBC iplayer not working, my previous MCU1, it worked well.

4. I found this issues very recently, its very strange web browsing, click on web, it showing a small grey colour web page, and slowly turned to Website, but it turnd off simultaneously.

I tried to open web but it happened again, i dont know why???

Does anyone has similar experinces and any suggestion.
Yes I’m having the same problems loosing LTR signal all the time had an upgrade similar time it’s been back to service but they haven’t solved it other issues app on phone not updating for hours, also occasionally if I press the owner’s manual then continue to a subject it comes up with nothing then when pressing the exit x the whole screen goes blank then all shuts down then reboots,

I too get the same web boot up as SJ_angeleyes21 gets in his pictures. I send the picture to my service advisor to look at to see what Tesla has to say about it. I'll report back what I hear from him.

I get it too but what’s the problem? It seems like Tesla is only loading the browser when needed instead of having it running in the background. Sure it takes a few seconds but it makes sense to me.

Thanks for the update, I’ve been trying to get them to change my connectivity board but there telling me that’s okay, they say Tesla are aware of the problem and they are trying to fix with a firmware update, but still waiting please keep us informed if yours is cured with connectivity board change 🙏