Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After rotation, found out my rims were victims of California potholes...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my P3D tires rotated at Costco on Sunday. After it, I noticed when driving slow over some uneven surfaces at slow speed I would get a little vibration. At speed, everything felt normal. I just went back for them to check it out. Turns out both my front rims have slight bends. The good news is that it isn't a safety issue. Just bummed about those California potholes. I don't think I will replace the rims yet as it is a minor thing. Does anyone know how much the Performance rims cost each?

I had my P3D tires rotated at Costco on Sunday. After it, I noticed when driving slow over some uneven surfaces at slow speed I would get a little vibration. At speed, everything felt normal. I just went back for them to check it out. Turns out both my front rims have slight bends. The good news is that it isn't a safety issue. Just bummed about those California potholes. I don't think I will replace the rims yet as it is a minor thing. Does anyone know how much the Performance rims cost each?

Welcome to the club unfortunately:(

$500 or $750/each (forget which) I think 750.

I have 2 bent wheel. 715 for wheel plus 50 labor per wheel. Considering used ones from this thread or eBay but haven’t decidedly yet.

I actually picked my car back up from service yesterday and opted to delay the swap for now. (I was running my winter setup in Chicago). This AM my wife went to work and took our Model 3 somehow both passenger side tires lost all air. In the time it took her to pull over safely the weight of car led to holes developing in the side walls.

I have 2 bent rims for the summer setup to replace and 2 winter tires for the winter setup.

If the pothole is on a Caltrans maintained roadway, you can file a claim on their website for the damage caused by the pothole. Not sure what options there are for non-Caltrans roadways.

My front right 20 inch on my P3D took a nasty hit one day. I still need to get that fixed but am going to powder coat the rims at the same time.

• Informative
Reactions: CASE01 and Dre78
If the pothole is on a Caltrans maintained roadway, you can file a claim on their website for the damage caused by the pothole. Not sure what options there are for non-Caltrans roadways.

My front right 20 inch on my P3D took a nasty hit one day. I still need to get that fixed but am going to powder coat the rims at the same time.
Great idea! I'll look into it!