Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After Software Update, Navigation Map Bug and App Bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night, my Tesla P3D did a software update. This morning, I noticed 2 bugs right after this update:

1) The navigation map is not rendering. It just shows a blank space. When I try to navigate to a destination, it plots an initial route, but it does not adjust if I deviate from the route. So the map is not rendering at all and the navigation functionality is limited.

2) If I open my Tesla app, it shows that the software update is downloading with the spinning cursor frozen. I tried closing the app and reopening it, but it is the software update is still frozen.

I tried doing a hard reset on the car by pressing both steering wheel buttons while having my foot on the brake. The car rebooted but the navigation problem is still there.

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe

Foot on the brake doesn't actually do anything that the two-button press doesn't do. It's a bit of an urban myth that it does a "hard" reboot. You might try going into the software menu (controls>safety) and push the power off button. However, I don't know if that's any different than the two-button.

Reactions: joebruin77
Foot on the brake doesn't actually do anything that the two-button press doesn't do. It's a bit of an urban myth that it does a "hard" reboot. You might try going into the software menu (controls>safety) and push the power off button. However, I don't know if that's any different than the two-button.
That “pushing the off button” reboot technique will only accomplish something more than the “twin scroll button reset” reboot technique if, once the off button is pushed, nothing (and I mean nothing) that uses power is energized for ~two minutes afterwards.

Back when one seemingly had to do these resets after software updates (2018-2019 time frame), this is the technique I used for a full power down:

Get in the car, close the doors, turn the HVAC system ON.

Go to power down the car and once doing so, start a timer AND do NOT open a door, do NOT shift in your seat to disturb the weight on seat sensor, do not open the console storage top (energizes the little lamp), do NOT touch anything. Just sit there…until…

…the HVAC system will make a brief noise as the temperature blend door goes to a null position (at about the two minute mark after powering down). Once that noise has occurred, continue to not touch anything for another 90 seconds. Now the car has really been turned off (reboot) via the power off button.

Open your door and the car instantly comes back to life and that completes the power down reboot.