Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Springs for Model 3 Perf -- Recommendations Needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned a Model 3 Perf. in the past and purchasing another one, soon. It'll be a 2021/2022.

My biggest gripe about the car was it not having great chassis dynamics. Weight transfer was slow, rolled a lot in turns, etc.

I'm wondering if the OEM dampers play nicely with aftermarket springs?

Ideally, I'd like springs that lower the center of gravity slightly, and perhaps progressive (so I enjoy OEM-ish comfort cruising and a higher spring rate under load).

Emphasis on working with the OEM dampers valving and range, as I don't want to invest in aftermarket dampers also.

Thank you!!

Having owned and raced on both aftermarket coils AND adjustable coilovers, adding aftermarket coils to the stock dampers will not improve handling.

Stiffer anti-sway bars will reduce initial body roll, but will probably reduce average sustained cornering force because they technically increase corner spring rates even further beyond what the factory dampers can control. You’ll end up with a bouncy ride with a suspension that can’t keep the tires down on imperfect surfaces.

I have not experienced them myself, but maybe adjustable Konis would be a good budget compromise?