Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Wheels - Do I need hubcentric rings for Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered some Konig Ampliform 18x8.5 for a winter setup for my 2023 Model 3 Performance. I was told by Konig rep that they would fit with no spacers needed as they have a 73.1mm center bore that clears the offset lip on on the Performance hub... Will I need a 73.1 - 64.1 ring? And will the ring be bothered by the lip on the hub or will it just sit above it? I'm a bit lost... Thanks!

I ordered some Konig Ampliform 18x8.5 for a winter setup for my 2023 Model 3 Performance. I was told by Konig rep that they would fit with no spacers needed as they have a 73.1mm center bore that clears the offset lip on on the Performance hub... Will I need a 73.1 - 64.1 ring? And will the ring be bothered by the lip on the hub or will it just sit above it? I'm a bit lost... Thanks!
Yes, you should get hubcentric rings. You've probably come across ones that are compatible with the stepped lip on the hub by now but another option is to buy the step delete kit sold specifically for the M3P. The stepped delete kit will let you run any 73.1 OD|64.1 ID hubcentric rings without having to worry about compatibility with the stepped lip.

Yes, you should get hubcentric rings. You've probably come across ones that are compatible with the stepped lip on the hub by now but another option is to buy the step delete kit sold specifically for the M3P. The stepped delete kit will let you run any 73.1 OD|64.1 ID hubcentric rings without having to worry about compatibility with the stepped lip.
Good to know, where do you find that kit?

All these rings do is help you center the rim while mounting.
If you're gonna pay someone to mount your rims for you - get the rings to minimize the chances of wasting time having to go back to that shop for vibration issues.
If you want to mount your rims using power tools and torque sticks/limiters in one go - get the rings.
If you're gonna go by hand with torque wrench and do not mind doing an extra round or two of gradually increasing torque - no reason to get the rings.

Reactions: White_Walker
Get these if you can have them shipped to your location:

To have the rings sit on the lip of the performance brakes, you need the 70.1 inner diameter.

I used them on my Konig Dekagram (same size) for numerous track days and had 0 issues with them. Other people mentioned that with track use, the plastic adapters can melt, and I thought that's OK because the set came with 10 rings and I would just swap them. 3 years later and I'm still using the same set of 4 rings and have no wheel vibration.