Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Wheels For Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,
I realize that this topic comes in numerous shapes and sizes. Would you buy an aftermarket wheel that you liked when the wheel offset was 35mm and not 45mm? Is the 10mm difference critical? Would the 35mm offset be more prone to curb rash? Any and all input will be appreciated. Thank in advanced.

All,
I realize that this topic comes in numerous shapes and sizes. Would you buy an aftermarket wheel that you liked when the wheel offset was 35mm and not 45mm? Is the 10mm difference critical? Would the 35mm offset be more prone to curb rash? Any and all input will be appreciated. Thank in advanced.
Wheel offset is only one spec of a wheel.

Any change in occurrences of curb rash isn’t just tied to offset.

At 10 mm (assuming everything else is the same), it “will” have some effect. But unlikely to be significant. Might not even be noticeable in handling.

The way I see it, if you’re particularly worried (use of the word “critical” would probably qualify), easier just to not attempt changing specs with aftermarket parts. Stick to OE parts or at least OE specs.

That being said, I have 19x8 +35mm aftermarket set on my MYP. I think I might’ve gone a little too narrow on the wheels, oh well.

Goober,
Thank you for your reply. I have the Gemini wheels on MY LR. Gemini Wheels dimensions are 19X9.5"+ 45, center bore is 64.1mm and PCD is 5X114.3. I found a wheel that I like and it's dimensions are the same as the Gemini Wheel except the offset. I did not know if the 10mm was something to be concerned about. Did not want to make a good thing bad. Thanks again.

10 mm is about 3/8” I have Nuespeed RS wheels they are 5mm different. Never noticed anything. I would not think you would feel anything. I wanted high quality wheels as stress from all that torque worried me a little about breaking them. Which would be bad.