Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Agile plunge pricing predictions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m amazed anyone is still on Agile.

I switched to Go Faster several months ago, in the normal pattern of when Agile started to get uncompetitive.

I’ve periodically checked Agile rates, anticipating changing back when they got really nice again as it came into summer, but that never happened. It seems like the days of negative rates, or even just single digit ones, are a distant memory.

All good things I guess.. if I was still on Agile, looking at those rates, I think I’d find a way to be out of the house for the whole day!

Attachments

• E6B2B177-E35E-4725-848B-BF75C81B0B44.png
    E6B2B177-E35E-4725-848B-BF75C81B0B44.png
    394.6 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Doudeau and NewbieT
Agile is going to be eye-watering tomorrow, most of the day will be hitting the 35p/kWh cap.
I don't think this is going to be a sustainable tariff for much longer if wholesale prices carry on like they are....
I am so thankful I finally switched over from Agile. The prices were becoming redic and I have since been toying with switching back but doesn't look like I should any time soon.

I switched to Go Faster several months ago, in the normal pattern of when Agile started to get uncompetitive.

I’ve periodically checked Agile rates, anticipating changing back when they got really nice again as it came into summer, but that never happened. It seems like the days of negative rates, or even just single digit ones, are a distant memory.

All good things I guess.. if I was still on Agile, looking at those rates, I think I’d find a way to be out of the house for the whole day!
Ditto, but agile seems a long way off from when I joined it a year ago. I loved being paid to charge, but now I'm happy to settle for my 5p window

Reactions: Doudeau
I have a contact on the inside (nieces bf works for Octopus). They are directed to not recommend Agile to any customer and will only put them on Agile if they are forceful in their request to do so. Said that they are recommending Go to anyone and everyone as that is currently their cheapest tariff.

Unless the wholesale price comes down, there is absolutely 0 chance of the heady days of plunge pricing returning.

Eouch! Agile is showing 35p/kWh for the next 24 hours. Drax Electric Insights currently showing wholesale price at £398 per MWh!
Things are definitely not getting better. This could be an "interesting" winter and I wonder if Octopus will have grounds to pull Go or Go Faster bearing in mind they're "beta products"... :/

Reactions: goRt

True, I changed in December.

The Octopus Watch app compares the Go tariff to Agile now with the real time data so you can see some real savings comparisons, pretty interesting to see