Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Conditioner Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of a sudden, yesterday, I noticed my air conditioning is super loud outside the car. My car sounded like an airplane engine. I have only had the car since Feb and don't recall this but it could also be because it was 94 degrees and hasn't been quite that hot often. Maybe I am just noticing it for the first time, maybe it was because it had to work extra hard, or maybe something is wrong. I'm going to watch it for a few days here but curious on what others have seen....or heard :)

All of a sudden, yesterday, I noticed my air conditioning is super loud outside the car. My car sounded like an airplane engine. I have only had the car since Feb and don't recall this but it could also be because it was 94 degrees and hasn't been quite that hot often. Maybe I am just noticing it for the first time, maybe it was because it had to work extra hard, or maybe something is wrong. I'm going to watch it for a few days here but curious on what others have seen....or heard :)
Yes. It has no gasoline engine and people might think it's quiet but its HVAC sometimes sounds like a jet engine up close.

Reactions: fishacura