Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Conditioner Noise

All of a sudden, yesterday, I noticed my air conditioning is super loud outside the car. My car sounded like an airplane engine. I have only had the car since Feb and don't recall this but it could also be because it was 94 degrees and hasn't been quite that hot often. Maybe I am just noticing it for the first time, maybe it was because it had to work extra hard, or maybe something is wrong. I'm going to watch it for a few days here but curious on what others have seen....or heard :)

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
Visalia, CA
All of a sudden, yesterday, I noticed my air conditioning is super loud outside the car. My car sounded like an airplane engine. I have only had the car since Feb and don't recall this but it could also be because it was 94 degrees and hasn't been quite that hot often. Maybe I am just noticing it for the first time, maybe it was because it had to work extra hard, or maybe something is wrong. I'm going to watch it for a few days here but curious on what others have seen....or heard :)
Yes. It has no gasoline engine and people might think it's quiet but its HVAC sometimes sounds like a jet engine up close.

Reactions: fishacura

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC