Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airbag warning light remained on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2 week old model 3. This morning when starting to drive, I heard a noise I have not heard before and then I noticed the airbag warning light stayed on. I booked a service app’t right away. Driving later in the day, it no longer is on. Anyone else experience this? Should I cancel the service appointment?

I have a 2 week old model 3. This morning when starting to drive, I heard a noise I have not heard before and then I noticed the airbag warning light stayed on. I booked a service app’t right away. Driving later in the day, it no longer is on. Anyone else experience this? Should I cancel the service appointment?

I personally would keep the service appointment, and make sure I had the time and date noted that the light stayed on so they could look in the logs if so desired. It may be nothing, but airbags is one of those systems I would want confirmation on, if something strange happened.

I have the same problem. Mine has come on at least 8 times so far. The next time you drive it is off for maybe 4 to 7 days and then it will come back on. Service tried to remotely troubleshoot but could not so I took it in last Sunday. They checked all the connections and could not find anything wrong. They said that there is a bulletin that says it is a known item and they are trying to fix it via firmware. Mine did not come on again for 1 week. Just came on today. Mine is one month old today.

Spoke to a service rep. He suggested cancelling the service appointment, as this is a known issue - a software glitch - not a problem with the airbags. Says an update is coming. If it is strictly a software issue, how come it is not more widespread?

My 2022 M3LR (delivered August 2022) airbag warning light has been constantly on since Nov. 23rd. When it first came on, a bunch of other things went wonky (airbag, traction & stability control disabled, regen brakes disabled). Everything else self-corrected, except for the airbag light. It's been with Tesla service for 2-days now.. they can't figure it out.

My 2022 M3LR (delivered August 2022) airbag warning light has been constantly on since Nov. 23rd. When it first came on, a bunch of other things went wonky (airbag, traction & stability control disabled, regen brakes disabled). Everything else self-corrected, except for the airbag light. It's been with Tesla service for 2-days now.. they can't figure it out.
I had the same issue off the lot with the airbag indicator. The issue was that there was a problem with a part for sensing electronics (can’t find the old service doc in the app anymore). It took them 2.5-3 weeks because thay couldn’t get a new part even though I’m in the Bay. Luckily they gave me a loaner car.