Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airmatic Lowering Links completed I have to say it was easy and Jason GYW great guy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the links on Thurs and got them on Friday. This guy doesnt play around when he ships it from the UK. I signed for the package got them installed on the car.

These are the 129.95 links

Pretty easy and straight foward. 5mm length increase is 28mm drop per the instructions. Thse links seem to be decent quality with saftelock pin

I started with low setting of 29.4" from the ground to the tip of the wheel arch on the rear and 29.8" on the front

After the link and the new wheel setup we are at 28" all around i still probably can do 1/2" more in the front but i am not sure how it will take. The only issue that sucks is measuing with the caliper as the end of the links are rounded and trying to get the measurement right is little tedious.

Very pleased ith the overall results though.

View media item 115734View media item 115733View media item 115732

Reactions: benjiejr
not 28mm drop if you think about it 29.4 i needed to get to 28" and 29.8 to 28"

so 1.4 drop in inches and 1.8 in the front inches

so if you calculate 5mm = 28mm drop

1.4" to mm is 35.56
1.8" to mm is 45.72

so to get that drop i need to extend the links over factory by x amount in my case this was for every 1mm = 5.6mm drop
]
I adjued mine in the front to little over 8.16 mm extension and 6.35mm roughly at least with the caliper its tricky to measure as the ends are round so i could be off a little

Are these the kind of links that have to do a "whole turn" of an end (one rotation 360 degrees) in order to fit it back on the ball... or the kind of links that allow the center/connecting rod to be turned an arbitrary amount, with locking nuts to tighten it in that position?

Thanks it helps a lot! Did you remove the wheels for install? What is the size and offset of the wheel setup you have?

to do the install it fairly easy. If you have lift even easier. You can do this install in your home garage with just one jack and doing each wheel individually.

You can see the arm when you put the car in jack mode but i prefer to take it off. Its easier gives you more room to work.

Are these the kind of links that have to do a "whole turn" of an end (one rotation 360 degrees) in order to fit it back on the ball... or the kind of links that allow the center/connecting rod to be turned an arbitrary amount, with locking nuts to tighten it in that position?

These are the std one the evolution ones are nicer for sure.

The std one are whole turn with lock nut on each end

These guys here look very similar except no dust cover and its cheaper

TESLA MODEL S P85 P85D FULLY ADJUSTABLE LOWERING LINKS FREE SHIPPING

dont you user finger its pain in ass. i used this mini vice grip just grab on to the end and flip. I first tried a mini screw driver that worked good all the way up to the front left which sucked thats when i sued the vnose vice grip and worked like a champ

grab it just under the bottom of where it connects and just twist it out. not hard at all you have to pry little when doring it on the green arm just hold the arm in your had and then just take it off by hand as you allready have the other side off.