Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airport Parking for 6 days - Advice/Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sentry Mode will use 7% of the battery over 24 hours, not because it is recording (only records when there is a Sentry mode event) but because the Tesla Model Y does not enter sleep mode when Sentry Mode is active.
Sentry Mode is actually recording at all times, it’s just continuously deleting the video unless an event occurs. This is why it consumes so much battery.

Sentry Mode is actually recording at all times, it’s just continuously deleting the video unless an event occurs. This is why it consumes so much battery.
Sentry mode is recording all of the time but the reason that Sentry Mode uses so much power is that the Tesla vehicle remains powered on, the processors are using 230W. The camera(s) power consumption is only a small part of the power being used.

Reactions: boulder.dude
I just returned from 8 days in the Dominican Republic. Supercharged to 85 percent before parking and had 84 percent charge when I got back last night. Turned off Sentry mode and only checked on it a couple times while away.
Similar trip last week out of BWI, parked MY in garage in 60F temps for 6 days. Sentry Mode was off. 227 miles when we left, 228 (not a typo) when we returned. Likely due to temp variation, but point is very little drain when car sleeps. Enjoy your trip.

I do not disable sentry at airport parking.

Our LR MY loses about 6-7% a day with sentry on. I always have plenty of battery left to get home for any trip up to 7 days (beyond that I would not park at the airport anyway). I have never even dropped to the 20% level where sentry is disabled.

Of course, YMMV — I only need 11% to get home.