Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My alarm is going off even though sentry mode is set to be off and even though the alarm is set to not sound. It is raining and was windy. The driver side back window is going up and down the amount it does to open and close the door while the app shows the door opening and closing on its own.

I have reset the window by holding it in downa dn then uonooaitiinsnfor 15 seconds each. I also reset using pressing both scroll wheels at the same time. This has not worked. Any suggestions? I've read about water ingress. Perhaps that is the problem?

I don't think that you can turn the basic alarm off. Yes, it is unbelievable to most, but there is a normal vehicle alarm that existed before Sentry.

It sounds as if the seat sensor may be having an issue. Do you have anything in the seat? When you are driving, does it stop?

Upvote 0
My alarm is going off even though sentry mode is set to be off and even though the alarm is set to not sound.
Do you mean you disabled the alarm under here? Or just the app? Also check every single profile (including Easy Entry).
Controls > Safety > Security Alarm
Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla
It is raining and was windy. The driver side back window is going up and down the amount it does to open and close the door while the app shows the door opening and closing on its own.

I have reset the window by holding it in downa dn then uonooaitiinsnfor 15 seconds each. I also reset using pressing both scroll wheels at the same time. This has not worked. Any suggestions? I've read about water ingress. Perhaps that is the problem?
Try opening every single door (including doors without any problems) and closing it again. I remember there was an update where doing that fixed some problem, but forgot the exact details.

Upvote 0