Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm when regen braking limited - new feature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday temp 40 - 50 F and X outside all day. On drive home loud high pitched sound ( 2 - 3 seconds) from near touchscreen followed by yellow triangle with exclamation point on energy display (Energy display overrode clock) Happened twice in 10 mins. Anyone know if the sound is a new feature or is my X about to blow up :)

Yesterday temp 40 - 50 F and X outside all day. On drive home loud high pitched sound ( 2 - 3 seconds) from near touchscreen followed by yellow triangle with exclamation point on energy display (Energy display overrode clock) Happened twice in 10 mins. Anyone know if the sound is a new feature or is my X about to blow up :)

Of those two choices, it is more likely to be the latter. You should note the exact time of the occurrence and open a case with your local SC. Tell them when and what occurred. Your explanation above is perfect, except be sure to include the when part. They can look at the logs on your car and offer advice. They may or may not want you to bring it in.

• Helpful
Reactions: K3Man
I had the yellow triangle show up too in the morning, but not the noise that you mention. What does that yellow triangle mean? It shows up near the kw circle and that half-circle also turns yellow a little bit and shows -50 kw. The Avg 369 Wh/mi Past 15 miles. What does it mean and should I be concerned?

I had the yellow triangle show up too in the morning, but not the noise that you mention. What does that yellow triangle mean? It shows up near the kw circle and that half-circle also turns yellow a little bit and shows -50 kw. The Avg 369 Wh/mi Past 15 miles. What does it mean and should I be concerned?

It’s warning you that the Regenerative braking is limited until the battery warms up. I have seen it taking 10-20 mins personally when the weather is cold to resolve. The lower half of the half circle (below 0) is typically dashed also during the limited braking.

• Informative
Reactions: bayx
I had been getting the yellow triangle for the last couple of days. It has been down to the mid 30s at night, which is pretty cold for my area.

Also, expect your charge rate to be low at a Supercharger until you drive the car for 20 minutes or so.