Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alberta Deliveries Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did you guys order? Congrats!!
Reserved: August 9, 2017
Configured: April 26, 2018
Pickup: June 2, 2018

Yes, that's only 296 days from reservation to pickup. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the shortest to date. Yes I know I'm despised by first day reservation holders who haven't even been invited to configure yet. I'm going into hiding now...

• Funny
Reactions: Canuck
Someone's car is ready.

Attachments

• D463E68D-C7F5-4565-BD61-BCDAB0728DAC.jpeg
    D463E68D-C7F5-4565-BD61-BCDAB0728DAC.jpeg
    340.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Love
Reactions: Lon12
Initial thoughts:
  • First day of deliveries... feel so guilty that we somehow got lucky
  • VIP like delivery experience, flawless, friendly, personal! (~50 min because we have a little one)
  • Mention that there are probably about ~50 for Calgary (or AB?) first production so you will see lots more
  • Pearl white no bumper mismatch, no major issues (minor paint imperfection not going to have it fixed for now, charging door not completely flush, but pretty tight so I’m not going to have it adjusted)
  • No functionality issues so far. I believe the pushed the latest 2018.20
  • First EV ever driven, feels like we bought a spaceship, can pick any spot in traffic and make it look like everyone is standing still.... acceleration reminds wife of a roller coaster... thinking about flooring it still puts a smile on my face
  • Handling is bmw-like and interior feels more “premium” than the cars I’ve previously owned (BMW 325i [e46], Volvo C30,V50, GTI [Mk5,6]), Ride absorbs bumps much more than sport suspension on the GTI believe it or not!
  • Touch Interface works for me as I’m an iPad person. Enjoying no instrument cluster in front of me especially for air conditioning right in my face. Speed is easier to check than in previous cars due to large numerical read out and positioning near hand (do wish navigation instructions were closer to the driver, but voice over is sufficient as it’s descriptive enough)
  • Sound system is very good once I tuned it to my preference (I pefer a B&W type sound with a bit of extra bass for driving), probably even better with a non-streaming source
  • Soooo quiet...especially backing out of the garage is eerie (at 80-100 km/h noticeable wind noise in low wind, but I am used to background noise from a “Soundaktor” ugh... I think I lost hearing from always having to turn up the radio over that dull drone)
  • So happy to be off of gasoline, feels like driving is virtually free! (I’ve researched that my total controllable variable costs including transmission, municipal levy will be ~11c/kWh... solar might be the next big purchase, but not until we see how greening the grid goes - hard to complete with 3.7c/kWh from REP1)
  • Fingers crossed on reliability as this will be our only vehicle for a family of 2+1 and hoping for a 10 year run (the e46 still runs greatafter 14 years, but a gas guzzler)
  • Still have to sort insurance as TDMM is now saying end of June for the 3 to be added to their database (underwriting team had to do a manual approvals temp pricing)
  • Even more convinced that electric is the future, I don’t know how anyone could ever go back...

Anyone want to swap cables? Need another lightning one.

• Informative
Reactions: Lon12
Initial thoughts:
  • First day of deliveries... feel so guilty that we somehow got lucky
  • VIP like delivery experience, flawless, friendly, personal! (~50 min because we have a little one)
  • Mention that there are probably about ~50 for Calgary (or AB?) first production so you will see lots more
  • Pearl white no bumper mismatch, no major issues (minor paint imperfection not going to have it fixed for now, charging door not completely flush, but pretty tight so I’m not going to have it adjusted)
  • No functionality issues so far. I believe the pushed the latest 2018.20
  • First EV ever driven, feels like we bought a spaceship, can pick any spot in traffic and make it look like everyone is standing still.... acceleration reminds wife of a roller coaster... thinking about flooring it still puts a smile on my face
  • Handling is bmw-like and interior feels more “premium” than the cars I’ve previously owned (BMW 325i [e46], Volvo C30,V50, GTI [Mk5,6]), Ride absorbs bumps much more than sport suspension on the GTI believe it or not!
  • Touch Interface works for me as I’m an iPad person. Enjoying no instrument cluster in front of me especially for air conditioning right in my face. Speed is easier to check than in previous cars due to large numerical read out and positioning near hand (do wish navigation instructions were closer to the driver, but voice over is sufficient as it’s descriptive enough)
  • Sound system is very good once I tuned it to my preference (I pefer a B&W type sound with a bit of extra bass for driving), probably even better with a non-streaming source
  • Soooo quiet...especially backing out of the garage is eerie (at 80-100 km/h noticeable wind noise in low wind, but I am used to background noise from a “Soundaktor” ugh... I think I lost hearing from always having to turn up the radio over that dull drone)
  • So happy to be off of gasoline, feels like driving is virtually free! (I’ve researched that my total controllable variable costs including transmission, municipal levy will be ~11c/kWh... solar might be the next big purchase, but not until we see how greening the grid goes - hard to complete with 3.7c/kWh from REP1)
  • Fingers crossed on reliability as this will be our only vehicle for a family of 2+1 and hoping for a 10 year run (the e46 still runs greatafter 14 years, but a gas guzzler)
  • Still have to sort insurance as TDMM is now saying end of June for the 3 to be added to their database (underwriting team had to do a manual approvals temp pricing)
  • Even more convinced that electric is the future, I don’t know how anyone could ever go back...

Anyone want to swap cables? Need another lightning one.

That's great yes my family will be all electric right away and never looking back. Still have that same smile 2 years later and the cars just getting better with age. Dont have a delivery date yet but I need another USB C cable so would gladly trade u.