Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Refreshed Model 3 ordered!
Waiting on Vin

I ordered about an hour after they updated site yesterday. Around midnight.

It initially said delivery date estimate Jan-Feb

Now just about hour ago it updated to Feb-March

Is anyone else still seeing Jan-Feb?

Can’t wait

IMG_8745.jpeg

Reactions: Jaycha2
Order date: 1-10-2024
Gray / 18” wheels / Black interior
Estimate: Feb-March 2024

I’m going to lease it. Should I wait to do the lease app until VIN is assigned? Or will that delay my delivery? I think Lease app only valid for 30 days & March delivery would be > 30 days. Don’t want to keep dinging my credit to re do it.

Attachments

• IMG_9537.jpeg
    IMG_9537.jpeg
    362.9 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: IChillinz
Anyone else with early reservation still have Jan-Feb delivery date? My guess all were moved Feb-March.

Honestly I was surprised they even listed Jan-Feb when the site went live.

Last question, for those who ordered in past, have you ever had early delivery if it was stated with later delivery date?

New Refreshed Model 3 ordered!
Waiting on Vin

I ordered about an hour after they updated site yesterday. Around midnight.

It initially said delivery date estimate Jan-Feb

Now just about hour ago it updated to Feb-March

Is anyone else still seeing Jan-Feb?

Can’t wait

View attachment 1007941
Same here. Ordered early am and delivery said Jan- Feb. saw today and it says Feb- March. But that’s the same time frame if you place a new order right now unless that one slips after order as well.

Gray / 18” wheels / Black interior

I’m going to lease it. Should I wait to do the lease app until VIN is assigned? Or will that delay my delivery? I think Lease app only valid for 30 days & March delivery would be > 30 days. Don’t want to keep dinging my credit to re do it.
You can wait. Won’t delay it. The lease App is good for 60 days. Note of the $7.5k savings when leasing, fees and their interest rate eat up about half I figure on a 3 year lease. Also take at least 12k miles/year. They have raised excess mileage penalty to 25c per mile.

Hey folks current MY owner my lease was up in September but I extended it to March in hopes we would finally get the Highland released here in the US: My order details are below:
Ultra Red / 18” wheels / Black interior

Note of the $7.5k savings when leasing, fees and their interest rate eat up about half I figure on a 3 year lease.

what do you mean by "eat up half the figure on 3 year lease"?

The $7.5k savings if factored in when you get to the final payment section and input your lease down payment, then it shows the actual monthly payment with taxes included.

This cannot change right?

what do you mean by "eat up half the figure on 3 year lease"?

The $7.5k savings if factored in when you get to the final payment section and input your lease down payment, then it shows the actual monthly payment with taxes included.

This cannot change right?
Yes- the lease payment will not change and you do indeed get 7.5k off the capitalized cost of the car. However in Tesla leases when you add various fees they charge plus the high interest rate, compared to paying cash the 7.5k savings are reduced. You still come out ahead.

Yes- the lease payment will not change and you do indeed get 7.5k off the capitalized cost of the car. However in Tesla leases when you add various fees they charge plus the high interest rate, compared to paying cash the 7.5k savings are reduced. You still come out ahead.
I see - so you’re saying paying cash makes more sense bc you capture the full 7500 vs leasing, I’m giving up some money in form of high MF / low Residual Value built into lease etc.

I have been leasing cars for 15 years, and many times, the lease deals I negotiate end up being better than paying cash. This is obviously not true for the avg leasing customer. And, I am not saying this to be true for this highland lease.

I will be paying $565/mo (includes all fees tax) for 36 mo. 15k miles per year. $0 down payment. That’s about $20,340 I paid to drive the car for 3 years.

If I paid cash and sold after 3 years, I doubt I the depreciation will be much less than $20,340. So, the cost of ownership may be roughly identical to a cash buyer, is my bet.

I see - so you’re saying paying cash makes more sense bc you capture the full 7500 vs leasing, I’m giving up some money in form of high MF / low Residual Value built into lease etc.

I have been leasing cars for 15 years, and many times, the lease deals I negotiate end up being better than paying cash. This is obviously not true for the avg leasing customer. And, I am not saying this to be true for this highland lease.

I will be paying $565/mo (includes all fees tax) for 36 mo. 15k miles per year. $0 down payment. That’s about $20,340 I paid to drive the car for 3 years.

If I paid cash and sold after 3 years, I doubt I the depreciation will be much less than $20,340. So, the cost of ownership may be roughly identical to a cash buyer, is my bet.
Are you looking at LR or SR? I am looking at LR and $4500 DP or cap reduction gets me to the same payment. So I don't know how you got that figure with 0 DP.

Are you looking at LR or SR? I am looking at LR and $4500 DP or cap reduction gets me to the same payment. So I don't know how you got that figure with 0 DP.

SR, $0 down towards cap cost reduction (but still $2500 due as signing for standard fees includes 1st months too.) 15k miles per year, 36 months. $512/month (I need to add only 8% tax to this)

I don't need a LR, SR plenty charge for my needs. I currently have a '21 SR.

I placed an order for the Model 3 Long Range for the wife. She wants to keep her 2018. I am trying to convince her that we can get more money for the 2018 while it still has a battery warranty and before others start to upgrade and the market gets saturated with used Teslas.

Reactions: Tezla1
I placed an order for the Model 3 Long Range for the wife. She wants to keep her 2018. I am trying to convince her that we can get more money for the 2018 while it still has a battery warranty and before others start to upgrade and the market gets saturated with used Teslas.

Critical thinker vs. Emotional thinker, we all know who's gonna win!